AR10 .308

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
TheSurvivalist

Post by TheSurvivalist »

Did you get a chance to shoot it yet. Was thinking about building one and want to hear how yours is running.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Amen, hurry up and let us know.
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

Every chance I've had to go to the range it's been raining. Or work gets in the way. The guy I got it from is a friend I trust and he says it runs fine. But I do want to get it out soon.
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

Forgot to update this. Took it out to a friend's property just to see how it functioned. Ran like a top. No problems at all. Plenty accurate. But with the 20" SS barrel on it, it's heavy. Just got a Ballistics Advantage 16" delivered. Have to get a vice block and crowfoot wrench to install it now. Also have a Precision Armament M4 72 brake to put on it. Let the fun begin.
Last edited by cj5mrt on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Thanks for the update. I have been thinking about getting one just due to the reasonable price. I just finished building my first ar, it was a 10.5 inch pistol from PSA.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Looking into building my first AR-10 later this year. Still compiling info - haven't yet started buying parts.

But, this came up in a BST thread today and piqued my interest:
Firemediceric wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:55 am One thing I have pointed out on those forums is that if they want to run a suppressor on an AR-10, the gas system on the Sig is unrivaled. Before getting my 716 I had tried DPMS super sass, Rock River and Adams Arms. Frustration and disappointment with all of them.
I'm wondering if this is due to using non-adjustable gas blocks? I've started using adjustable blocks on my suppressed AR-15s and I would think that an adjustable gas block would be the way to go with a suppressed AR-10 as well.

What say you?
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

we run a JP adjustable gas block on our AERO M5 308-AR...18 inch barrel with the Q Full Nelson

swipe right ( actually thanks to that nice media plugin use the arrows on the side of the pics :mrgreen: ) and there is a video, thats super 308, not subs