Colt LE6920 OEM2 - Still being manufactured?

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
FfNJGTFO

Colt LE6920 OEM2 - Still being manufactured?

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I have seen that the Colt M4 LE6290 OEM2 carbine is "out of stock" on Colt's website, for some time, and also out of stock on several other wholesale/retail sites. The OEM1 is still plentifully available. Do we know if Colt still plans to manufacture the OEM2 or are they discontinuing it?

I'd prefer it over the OEM1 for a number of different reasons, particularly the absence of the fixed front sight bracket.

Has Colt made any statement on whether or not they intend to manufacture/restock the OEM2?

RKBA

Post by RKBA »

I don't know, but I hope they offer it again. That's the best deal out there for the best AR for the money.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I've been told by some reliable people on the Colt website that because of "market saturation" in AR's right now, there isn't a lot of "distributor demand" for ARs in general.... Colt probably won't be re-supplying the market with OEM2s until the demand rises a little.

:cry:
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:09 pm I've been told by some reliable people on the Colt website that because of "market saturation" in AR's right now, there isn't a lot of "distributor demand" for ARs in general.... Colt probably won't be re-supplying the market with OEM2s until the demand rises a little.

Tell those reliable people that Colt should go into AKs. :twisted:
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Skoll wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:07 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:09 pm I've been told by some reliable people on the Colt website that because of "market saturation" in AR's right now, there isn't a lot of "distributor demand" for ARs in general.... Colt probably won't be re-supplying the market with OEM2s until the demand rises a little.

Tell those reliable people that Colt should go into AKs. :twisted:
Nah..... I'm an AR kinda guy! And, BTW, when I said "Colt Webstie," I meant the "Colt Forum" (like this one).
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Buds have plenty " Colt M4s as do other retailers. You can always change the FSP to a low profile or whatever. It's the most customizable platform next to 1911s.

Colt M4 Carbine MPS 5.56 16 30
Model
LE6920MPSFDE Condition
Factory New
Bud's Item #
2678 UPC
Manufacturer:
Colt Quantity Remaining
10+
aka: Dolfan
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I mean it sounds like it saying forget the civilian Market we will stick with military and law enforcement contracts.

https://www.colt.com/news/2630
Published 09/19/2019
Company Response to Questions about Colt Participation in Consumer Markets

WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (September 19th, 2019) – There have been numerous articles recently published about Colt’s participation in the commercial rifle market. Some of these articles have incorrectly stated or implied that Colt is not committed to the consumer market. We want to assure you that Colt is committed to the Second Amendment, highly values its customers and continues to manufacture the world’s finest quality firearms for the consumer market.

The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity. Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts. Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles. Colt’s commitment to the consumer markets, however, is unwavering. We continue to expand our network of dealers across the country and to supply them with expanding lines of the finest quality 1911s and revolvers.

At the end of the day, we believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change. Colt has been a stout supporter of the Second Amendment for over 180 years, remains so, and will continue to provide its customers with the finest quality firearms in the world.

Very respectfully,

Dennis Veilleux, President and Chief Executive Officer
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

It does appear they're leaving the civilian market.
I posted August 15, at that time Bud's had complete Colt M-4s.
I was trying to tell the OP to just buy a Colt before it's too late and customize later on.
aka: Dolfan
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:19 am I have seen that the Colt M4 LE6290 OEM2 carbine is "out of stock" on Colt's website, for some time, and also out of stock on several other wholesale/retail sites. The OEM1 is still plentifully available. Do we know if Colt still plans to manufacture the OEM2 or are they discontinuing it?

I'd prefer it over the OEM1 for a number of different reasons, particularly the absence of the fixed front sight bracket.

Has Colt made any statement on whether or not they intend to manufacture/restock the OEM2?

https://www.adamsgunshop.com/products/s ... 8289020253
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.