Moving to Miami from MA

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
gusto411

Moving to Miami from MA

Post by gusto411 »

I'm one of the lucky ones to escape the CommieWealth of MA and in the process of relocating to Miami.
Will probably settle North of Miami and will be looking for a club to join. Bulls-eye, steel and trap are my hobbies. Occasional IDPA.
Don't like public ranges; not safe enough for my liking...
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks much,
- Gusto
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Hope you can speak Spanish and can tolerate the commies in Miami. Especially the Castro Did Nothing Wrong crowd.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
tector

Post by tector »

gusto411 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:14 pm I'm one of the lucky ones to escape the CommieWealth of MA and in the process of relocating to Miami.
Will probably settle North of Miami and will be looking for a club to join. Bulls-eye, steel and trap are my hobbies. Occasional IDPA.
Don't like public ranges; not safe enough for my liking...
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks much,
- Gusto
The big public range in Broward is very safe--if anything it is over policed. It is at Markham Park. I can't really speak to big public range in Miami-Dade, Trail Glades, or the one up in Palm Beach.

The private ranges I have been to were scarier than Markham, for sure. YMMV.

Welcome, sir.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
gusto411

Post by gusto411 »

Skoll wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am Hope you can speak Spanish and can tolerate the commies in Miami. Especially the Castro Did Nothing Wrong crowd.
Haha! I don’t speak Spanish, but I’ll adapt.
I’m from MA, so tolerating commies (more like knowing how to deal with) is definitely one of my skills. ;)
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

To be helpful : My favorite range down that way is Henry's Range in Homestead. It's a bit of a drive to get to and best done with a truck though.

https://www.henryssportshootingrange.com/
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
gusto411

Post by gusto411 »

tector wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:04 pm The big public range in Broward is very safe--if anything it is over policed. It is at Markham Park. I can't really speak to big public range in Miami-Dade, Trail Glades, or the one up in Palm Beach.

The private ranges I have been to were scarier than Markham, for sure. YMMV.

Welcome, sir.
Thank you! Great info!!!

Markham park looks nice! And close enough to where we plan to settle down (north Miami).
But the operating hours and fees?! I’m used to paying an annual membership fee and have unlimited access. I usually go 2-3 times per week; cheaper than therapy. :) That’s why I was asking about the private range.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

gusto411 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:00 pm Haha! I don’t speak Spanish, but I’ll adapt.
No you won't. :roll:

And if you're moving to N. Miami, you'd best learn Creole.

http://www.northmiamifl.gov/northmiamif ... r_Council/
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
gforester

Post by gforester »

My only comment is this; there are much better places to move to in Florida than anywhere in the Miami-Dade area. High taxes, insurance and crime is not my cup of tea.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Tector ain't lying about Markham. One round every 3-5 seconds, range nazis that are former Navy Rangers, the works. It's a beautiful park and a physically nice place to shoot though.

I know nothing about this club, but there IS a private club here:
http://www.hrpclub.info/index.html

Welcome to Miami, may God have mercy on your soul.
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

Hollywood is pistol caliber only. If you want to shoot a rifle, it better be a pistol caliber or 22 long rifle.. And it's a 50-yard range at Max. Yes you can join, yes you can be a member, however you have to be sponsored by an existing member and again it's only pistol calibers. Lots of rules, and you're better off shooting at a local indoor range or driving to Miami will Palm Beach.