Criminal charges in Scotland for Larysa Unleashed

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
flcracker

Criminal charges in Scotland for Larysa Unleashed

Post by flcracker »

https://www.larysaunleashed.com/

Her Dad is a dermatologist in Sarasota.

Despite all the panzy outrage on British social media, she broke no hunting laws. They are digging deep to charge her with illegal use of a borrowed firearm. :?

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/ ... sial-photo
She was reported under section 11a of the Firearms Act 1968, which refers rules for someone who borrows or lends a firearm for hunting, according to BBC. Such person must be using the firearm for hunting animals, follow the rules of the lender’s certificate and be accompanied by the lender.
Apparently, the hunting was completely legal - it's the posting of the photos on social media that has sparked the outrage. God forbid that a hunter be proud of their success and want to share it with their followers. :o

Oh - and apparently an all-girls hunting trip that gets a bit raucous and "hen-do" is too much for British hunting trip organizers to handle. :roll:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arges.html
US big game hunter who boasted of gunning down goats and stags on trip to Scottish island and posed with blooded sex toy next to dead sheep faces criminal charges

By DANYAL HUSSAIN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 08:23 EST, 24 December 2018 | UPDATED: 11:01 EST, 24 December 2018

An American big-game hunter who boasted of gunning down local animals while visiting a Scottish island is now facing criminal charges.

Larysa Switlyk, 33, 'a world-renowned hunter' from Sarasota, Florida, was accused of 'trophy hunting' wild animals on the island of Islay, Scotland in September after she posed for a series of Instagram photos during the hunt.

Now, Police Scotland have confirmed that the hunter, who regularly posts photos of her hunts alongside her boyfriend Jason, has been reported for firearms offences, along with a 41-year-old man also from the US.

While she was pictured with slain goats, stags and sheep on Islay, hunting animals in season is not illegal in Scotland and she is facing a charge under Section 11a of the Firearms Act, which relates to how you can use borrowed shotguns legally.

In November, Ms Switlyk also caused controversy after she was pictured in Norfolk posing next to a sheep she had just killed and holding up a blood-covered sex toy.

Ms Switlyk drew intense criticism from politicians and celebrities after posting the photos - although many commenters mocked her for posing so proudly with a sheep.

Police Scotland added that they had received several complaints about hunting in September and the Procurator Fiscal is now investigating.

In one Instagram picture, blonde television presenter Ms Switlyk, dressed in camouflage gear, knelt beside the corpse of a goat while another shot saw her posing 'in sniper mode' and lying in the long grass while pointing a gun into the distance.

Other animals she hunted included stags, and in one caption she wrote: 'In awe of my Scottish Stag ~ can't wait to bring it back to the castle for the chefs to cook it up!'.

The photos of the bloody hunts sparked outrage in Scotland, with one MSP warning he would be looking into whether the hunts were organised by an official group.

In Scotland, it is legal to hunt red stags between July 1 and October 20, provided hunters use firearms, have a licence for their weapons and have the permission of the landowner.

Wild goats and sheep have no legal protections under Scottish law and are often included by companies offering hunt parties.

A Scottish Government spokesman said at the time: 'We fully understand why so many people find these images of hunted animals being held up as trophies so upsetting.

'Responsible and appropriate culling of animals is a necessary part of sustainable land management and the culling of some wild animals, including deer and goats, is not illegal.

'However, we understand the concerns caused by these images and, in light of them, the Environment Secretary will review the situation and consider whether any clarification of or changes to the law might be required.'

In another, she said: 'Proud of Jason and his second monstrous Red Stag here in Scotland. Talk about gold medal status. Was fun to be behind the camera and capturing it all on film. Amazing hunting here in the Highlands.'

MSP Michael Russell said: 'If this is actually happening on Islay and laid on by some sort of tour company I would want to see it stopped immediately.'

Tennis star Andy Murray's mum Judy Murray tweeted: 'A unique hunt? Disgraceful. It's a goat. And it's in Scotland, on a beautiful island. Stop this please @scotgov.'

And Nicky Campbell wrote on Twitter: 'Please don't take this the wrong way but you are a twisted sicko'.

On her website, Ms Switlyk described herself as 'a mixture of a tomboy and model,' and 'competitive, engaging and adventurous.'

Her television show, Larysa Unleashed, aims to 'enlighten and educate the general population about why people hunt and fish, the importance of conservation, cultural experiences, and the rules and regulations behind it'.

And she is described as having 'found true love and zeal for hunting'.

In November in Norfolk, she could be seen smiling as she held aloft the rubber sex toy while kneeling over the body of a freshly-killed male soay sheep.

The photo was taken during an all-girls hunting trip to Norfolk, which was called off by the organiser halfway through due to the raucous, 'hen-do atmosphere'.

One of the women on the trip, British hunter Jenna Gearing said she left early because she was disgusted by Ms Switlyk's attitude. She said the sex-toy had been bought for one of the girls, who was celebrating her 30th birthday in a pub the night before the photo was taken

Ms Gearing, 24, told MailOnline: 'It was a bit of fun during the party but I have no idea why it was brought out the following day on a hunt.

'It was an appalling thing to do, a complete show of disrespect to the animal she has just killed.

'I'm not friends with her [Larysa] any longer and In fact the reason I left that hunt early was because I was so against what she stood for and her morals.

'I'd left the hunting trip before that photo was taken but it is an embarrassment to people that hunt like me and my family, who do it for sustainability, management and to eat wholesome freerange meat that I can source.'
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I see less outrage over killing somebody, relatively speaking.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Posting your pic over your game while holding a rubber fisting toy covered in blood is pure low class.

If a bunch of women want to get together and act like a bunch of unbridled whores, so be it. No big deal. Facebook is full of em.

In an age where peta influence on politicians can create issues for us hunters around the world, don't need some dumb ass bitch making it worse.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Definitely low class, but doubt anything illegal and she probably screwed herself (figuratively) with those pics! Career over!