Due to spammers, the registration have been temporarily disabled. I will reopen them as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you want to create an account, please contact me.

Coalition aims to ban assault weapons by constitutional amendment

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Allme

Re: Coalition aims to ban assault weapons by constitutional amendment

Post by Allme » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Odessaman wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:32 pm
Allme wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:47 pm
You know the 3 day wait is a part of the FL constitution. If I remember they did that because the powers that be felt if it were a law it would be too easy to strike down. Now as of Oct. 1st (correct me if I am wrong) it is unlawful to purchase a bump stock in the state and a person has to be over 21. Strange times we are living in.
Actually, it'll be illegal to even possess a bump stock or other device that increases the rate of fire . . . there is no grandfather provision.
No. The way I read it they are banning the sale, not the possession. If they did (ban possession) they are opening a huge can of worms, they can't ban something without offering compensation. I can't see a few million "God fearing, law abiding" gun owners trashing their $100 bump stock without any compensation. BTW has anyone heard what happened to the NRA's law suit?

Odessaman

Post by Odessaman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:30 pm

790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—
A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.
Sure looks like they're banning possession to me. I don't agree with the law - but I don't plan to be the test-case, either.