Movie Trailer

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Gregg wrote:Still, a horrible story line/plot.
If this movie is ever released, it could give some unstable "Nut Case" the idea and motivation to do what the movie shows being done.
Censorship in a free country is far more dangerous than a movie in a free country.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Gregg's never seen Surviving the Game, Logan's Run, or The Running Man I don't think.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Youtube removed it
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Skoll wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 pm Gregg's never seen Surviving the Game, Logan's Run, or The Running Man I don't think.
Yes I have seen all three of those movies (some many times), and just about any other movie of that type that you can think of.
My point was, this plot of this move was a terrible idea at this time.
The movie may have been ment as Political Satire, but the timing was way off.

And I do not call this censorship, as no Governmental Body "Instructed" or "Ordered" Universal to pull the movie's release.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Gregg wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:56 am
Skoll wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 pm Gregg's never seen Surviving the Game, Logan's Run, or The Running Man I don't think.
Yes I have seen all three of those movies (some many times), and just about any other movie of that type that you can think of.
My point was, this plot of this move was a terrible idea at this time.
The movie may have been ment as Political Satire, but the timing was way off.

And I do not call this censorship, as no Governmental Body "Instructed" or "Ordered" Universal to pull the movie's release.
You should look at the underlying political tones of those movies I listed, they're the same. The only reason this time is somehow different is because we as a society are way more polarized.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."