Ban Imported AR15s?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Ban Imported AR15s?

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... -policies/

All two dozen potential democrat presidential candidates have sworn to ban 'assault weapons' ASAP of moving into the Whitehouse.
Some even go further, adding a multitude of other restrictions.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Oh no, the exactly one interesting AR from Taiwan we won't be able to get.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Skoll wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 am Oh no, the exactly one interesting AR from Taiwan we won't be able to get.
More proof these people are morons. As if any more was necessary?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

P5 Guy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:34 am
Skoll wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 am Oh no, the exactly one interesting AR from Taiwan we won't be able to get.
More proof these people are morons. As if any more was necessary?
All honesty, it's just small steps to a total import ban on weapons. That's how I see it anyway. These people cannot possibly be that dumb, it's incrementalism.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I need a Norinco CQ in my life...

Damn Canadians can get em.

https://www.doctordeals.ca/product/nori ... rrel-used/

flcracker

Post by flcracker »

That is almost as fukd up as an American-made SKS.

IMHO. YMMV.
Last edited by flcracker on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

NorincoKid wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:12 pm
I need a Norinco CQ in my life...

Damn Canadians can get em.

https://www.doctordeals.ca/product/nori ... rrel-used/

Why not have a clone lower made?
flcracker wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:47 pm That is almost as fukd up as an american-made AK-47.
American Made AKs wouldn't be so awful if the companies making them weren't cheapasses trying to save a few bucks on the manufacturing process. Unless you're trying to imply that it's somehow wrong for Americans to attempt to manufacture/own AKs.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Fixed it - I should have said SKS. Because upon further contemplation I think it is more fukd up than American-made AK-47.

Just my opinion. I have no interest in drinking Japanese whiskey or American-made sake either. I'm okay being a crotchety old fart.

Look at all the money time sweat tears and personal sacrifice that has been put into the American-based market of building an AR-15 that is nothing like what was issued in the Vietnam War to fight people carrying AK-47s made in Russia and China. There is no one with any bit of familiarity who would try to claim the AK-47 technology has advanced in the same way that AR-15 technology has. And now China is making a copy of an AR-15 in one of their factories and God knows what province by God knows how many slave laborers or whatever.

Yeah, that's more fukd up than an American-made AK-47 in my book but that's just me.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Ok, maybe it's not about which one is arbitrarily "better". Maybe some people like to shoot both? I mean if I was inclined to argue with you over it, I could point out decades worth of advancements in AKMs since the 1960s but I'm not interested in turning this into a MUH MURICAN MADE RIFLE debate. Suffice to say, you can enjoy both platforms and that's ok.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

flcracker wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:44 pmLook at all the money time sweat tears and personal sacrifice that has been put into the American-based market of building an AR-15 that is nothing like what was issued in the Vietnam War to fight people carrying AK-47s made in Russia and China.
I wouldn't be surprised if half (50%) of that "American-based market" of AR15 stuff is actually made in China, and just labeled with company name when it gets here.

flcracker wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:44 pm There is no one with any bit of familiarity who would try to claim the AK-47 technology has advanced in the same way that AR-15 technology has.
It hasn't needed to change, its been pretty much perfect for nearly 70 years. No rifle has proven itself like the AK,

Manufactured in over 30 countries (if you count the Galil. I do, many parts swap between Galil and AK)
Used in nearly ever conflict globally since its inception
Issued in some way, shape or form in over 80 countries.

"Just saying...."

I collect Chinese (Norinco) Firearms so I'm a little biased, but I don't think my ChiCom UZI is any less quality than a Jewish one. My Polytech M1A has a Forged receiver and chrome lined barrel which I'd take over a Springfield, and my Norinco 1911 is very, very well built. Desired by some for its frame.