Will Florida go to "open" primaries?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Will Florida go to "open" primaries?

Post by tector »

Another Florida Constitutional Amendment may be in the pipeline to do just that.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/290 ... -primaries
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
chester field

Post by chester field »

This was also under review by the Constitutional Review Committee in 2017/18, but didn't make the cut.

It would make life easier for those that have to keep changing their PA status to vote in the primaries. I wonder how much registered party affiliations would drop if this passes. Someone in both parties might have to start considering that they might just be grossly out of touch with the average American.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Casual

Post by Casual »

chester field wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:24 am This was also under review by the Constitutional Review Committee in 2017/18, but didn't make the cut.

It would make life easier for those that have to keep changing their PA status to vote in the primaries. I wonder how much registered party affiliations would drop if this passes. Someone in both parties might have to start considering that they might just be grossly out of touch with the average American.
Exactly
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I can't vote in the primaries because neither party represents my interests (this is becoming more and more apparent especially in Florida) and I would rather keep my principles than lend my name to an organization that is only out to enrich itself.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

You could always register as one of the independent parties and write yourself in as a candidate.
Kind of like writing in "None of the Above"
Shouldn't that choice be on ballots?
chester field

Post by chester field »

jaytwillerham wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:45 am You could always register as one of the independent parties and write yourself in as a candidate.
Kind of like writing in "None of the Above"
Shouldn't that choice be on ballots?
That could get really expensive with none of the above as a choice. How many elections would we have to repeat until someone worthwhile showed up on the ballot. :) Think of the impact in 2016 alone!! :shock:
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
randian

Post by randian »

The obvious purpose here is to definitively destroy Republicans as a political power in Florida. First allow felons to vote, which through a combination of now-legitimate votes and vote fraud (a million additional "voters" means more scope for adding fraudulent ballots without raising alarms) means the Republicans are pretty much dead in 2020/2022 given how close the last election was, and secondly by flooding the Republican primary with Democrats so the Republicans that are on the ballot are Rockefeller Republicans aka Democrats in sheep's clothing.