With Republicans likes this....

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

With Republicans likes this....

Post by tector »

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/30 ... documented

"Florida should allow law-abiding undocumented residents to receive work permits and driver’s licenses so that they may sustain themselves and families with dignity and respect, Republican state Sen. David Simmons said.

Simmons, president pro tempore of the Florida Senate and chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said he intends to file legislation for the 2020 Legislative Session that potentially would allow hundreds of thousands of undocumented residents now living in Florida to legally work and be able to legally drive to get to work."
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

:lol:

That won't backfire at fucking all. Wages would go down the toilet if you suddenly legalize a workforce that will work for nothing.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Greg

Post by Greg »

They’ve identified themselves that’s what important. Now it’s up to us to vote them out
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
TACC

Post by TACC »

Exactly
Greg wrote:They’ve identified themselves that’s what important. Now it’s up to us to vote them out
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tector

Post by tector »

This is a de facto amnesty, pure and simple. As such it rewards illegal entry, and thus encourages more of it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I'd love to see the HR managers that hire 'undocumented' workers get ten years in federal prison and $10,000 dollar fine PER illegal hired!
mikem

Post by mikem »

so who's most to blame for the illegal immigrant pipeline? who benefits the most from it?

the way i see it, we enjoy a lot of things because of the cheap and flexible labor they provide. right or wrong, they're the reason we have inexpensive goods. whats wrong with treating people with dignity while they're here -- particularly if we tacitly tolerate it.

maybe we should start by penalizing more harshly the people who employ them?
please lock/delete this account.
bryan2010x

Post by bryan2010x »

Greg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 pm They’ve identified themselves that’s what important. Now it’s up to us to vote them out
totally agree with this statement. Actually agree with all the statements I read in this thread. Can someone explain to me how we all need six points of ID, yet someone who isn't even a citizen can get a DL?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

bryan2010x wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:35 pm
Greg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 pm They’ve identified themselves that’s what important. Now it’s up to us to vote them out
totally agree with this statement. Actually agree with all the statements I read in this thread. Can someone explain to me how we all need six points of ID, yet someone who isn't even a citizen can get a DL?
Because then they can take a job from a white person. Haven't you watched the news, we're the enemy after all.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

When I sold car insurance (which ended last year) in Plant City I would regularly get "clients" who couldn't speak English and had no license but needed insurance so they could buy a car. What was sad is that the company didn't require a driver's license to buy insurance, only a photo i.d. But since to the best of my knowledge the law requires that one have a license in order to drive, I wouldn't do it if they didn't have a license...even though I knew they would just go down the street and get it somewhere else.

As far as I'm concerned there's no way in hell someone here illegally should be able to get a license. They're going to drive anyway, and when they get busted, that's just another reason to get them the hell out of here.