80% frames up next....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Villafuego wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:30 pm
jjk308 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 am
Villafuego wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:58 am A quick look at almost any firearms forum will find hundreds of posts......profusely illustrated, showing how easy it is to build at home...bragging how quickly an "untraceable" AR lower can be built with a jig and a router from Lowes....

Lack of "OPSEC" on our part has lead directly to this......
Hiding like timid little mice is useless. The only thing that would stop the paranoid insanity of the gun banners would be to turn in 100% of our firearms to be melted down for scrap.

Of course then they'd start working on knife and baseball bat bans....
I'm not talking about "hiding like little mice", I'm talking about firearms enthusiasts posting on open forums how to get around proposed/existing legislation....

Show em where the hole is, and they'll fill it.....they don't know enough to figure it out on their own
What do you propose people do, put legally permitted instructions from above-ground companies behind a password-protected darknet forum which "they" will infiltrate anyway?
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Villafuego wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:58 am A quick look at almost any firearms forum will find hundreds of posts......profusely illustrated, showing how easy it is to build at home...bragging how quickly an "untraceable" AR lower can be built with a jig and a router from Lowes....

Well I tried to make some 80% lowers, but totally screwed them up and had to throw them all out.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Lame hope it dies. :shock:
Last edited by lakelandman on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

zeebaron wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Hiding like timid little mice is useless. The only thing that would stop the paranoid insanity of the gun banners would be to turn in 100% of our firearms to be melted down for scrap.

I'm not talking about "hiding like little mice", I'm talking about firearms enthusiasts posting on open forums how to get around proposed/existing legislation....

Show em where the hole is, and they'll fill it.....they don't know enough to figure it out on their own
What do you propose people do, put legally permitted instructions from above-ground companies behind a password-protected darknet forum which "they" will infiltrate anyway?
I only ever proposed that we take the time to remember that those seeking to take our rights away are watching everything we say....and do....

The proposed legislation, if passed, would put those "above ground companies" out of business, and make it illegal for us to purchase the type of products they make.....
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Villafuego wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:02 pm
zeebaron wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:23 pm

I only ever proposed that we take the time to remember that those seeking to take our rights away are watching everything we say....and do....

The proposed legislation, if passed, would put those "above ground companies" out of business, and make it illegal for us to purchase the type of products they make.....
And how would you know about them if people weren't talking about them?
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

How do you really know if the paint is wet? You have to touch it. So yeah talking about new items is good but maybe not all the bragging and hyping some take it to.

Talk amongst yourselves, let the sleeping dog lie as it were.

Of course the phrase "Shall not be infringed" has to come in there as well.
Greg

Post by Greg »

The trick is to keep coming up stupid shit we really don’t need and sacrifice it to the left. Rinse and repeat
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

There's no such thing as "get around". If something is illegal don't do it. If its something new and innovative and legal, do it if you wish. Just because son gun grabbing a-holes who don't know the difference between 80 percent and 3D think its "terrible" is no reason not to do what you want, legally. To them EVERYTHING WE ENJOY SHOULD BE OUTLAWED. Stop even considering bowing to their irrational desires that have a track record of being absolutely useless. This idiot bill is proof that they really don't care what they do as long as it hurts firearms owners, don't care if it makes any sense at all or has any practical use. They just want to try to hurt us and will not stop trying regardless of how much you give in or try and hide or keep quiet.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

n0rlf wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:02 pm How do you really know if the paint is wet? You have to touch it. So yeah talking about new items is good but maybe not all the bragging and hyping some take it to.
I'm still not sure what you guys are saying, the companies obviously find it in their best interest to do things like sponsor Youtube videos and reviews on websites. I can't really tell, is it the all out commercialization of building your own guns. Or just information out there period on them?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

zeebaron wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 am
n0rlf wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:02 pm How do you really know if the paint is wet? You have to touch it. So yeah talking about new items is good but maybe not all the bragging and hyping some take it to.
I'm still not sure what you guys are saying, the companies obviously find it in their best interest to do things like sponsor Youtube videos and reviews on websites. I can't really tell, is it the all out commercialization of building your own guns. Or just information out there period on them?
jjk...its all about greed
everyone one of those products ( arm bace & blade stocks, binary trigger, 80% shit ) are trying to be a "get around" or loophole, but those companies don't care about fracturing our gun rights, only making a quick buck selling you a product before the gov shuts it down.