Mexico Beach is devistated(F****d)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

P5 Guy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:22 am They are going to be living in a construction zone for years. Gonna get noisy
That area will become another playground for the rich. They will buy up the average guys.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:29 pm In case you haven't noticed, we are not living in the pioneer days where if you made a stupid decision you alone bore the risk. So people who want to live in shit homes in dangerous areas are subsidized by the rest of us. Screw that.
Don't think too hard about this "subsidized by the rest of us" thing, because you'll soon find out almost every aspect of existence operates on that principle.
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:32 pm
tector wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:29 pm In case you haven't noticed, we are not living in the pioneer days where if you made a stupid decision you alone bore the risk. So people who want to live in shit homes in dangerous areas are subsidized by the rest of us. Screw that.
Don't think too hard about this "subsidized by the rest of us" thing, because you'll soon find out almost every aspect of existence operates on that principle.
There is a difference between insuring known, common, random risks and subsidizing the idiotic decisions of others, who think they are entitled to the same. I have thought about it plenty already and I am against it. How about you?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:40 pm
zeebaron wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:32 pm
There is a difference between insuring known, common, random risks and subsidizing the idiotic decisions of others, who think they are entitled to the same. I have thought about it plenty already and I am against it. How about you?
How many miles of coastline and river bank does this country have?

What should be common sense and what is politically and socially practical are two different things.
tector

Post by tector »

You have got it exactly backwards.

Until people were largely relieved of personal responsibility, they actually tended to avoid living in stupid places due to the risk of catastrophe. It was the bad policy decisions that led to poor decision-making, which is often the case. If you want to maintain that such silly policies are now too deeply ingrained to change, fine--people are going to live in dumb places then. But if they are going to do so, and we have to bail them out when disaster strikes, then we should require them to build their homes in such places in such a manner as to reduce our repeated exposure. Which is were I started. As I recall you were against this proposition, apparently willing to bail out idiots ad infinitum.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Sort of like spending millions of dollars to dredge/pump sand BACK to the beach to keep peoples houses from falling over.Its fucking STUPID !
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Is FEMA flood insurance still government subsidized?
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

P5 Guy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:13 am Is FEMA flood insurance still government subsidized?
It is the F in FEMA
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Here I go again .....looks like so east Asia after a bombing raid, leveled, trailers completely obliterated, many of these folks are common middle class people, not of the rich and famous, they don't even have everyday food to live on, saw they were picking up canned goods and food off the street from a 7-11 convient store that was destroyed by the horrific force winds, these folks are still Americans I don't care what people say, they were caught up in a natural disaster and their lives have been ruined,they didn't asked for this, we need to subsidize these folks b4 we send another fucking penny to any foreign land, take care of our own first and foremost .....and don't drag ass like Sandy with all the beaurocratic bullshit that takes place, do it now !!!!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

trouter3 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:49 am Here I go again .....looks like so east Asia after a bombing raid, leveled, trailers completely obliterated, many of these folks are common middle class people, not of the rich and famous, they don't even have everyday food to live on, saw they were picking up canned goods and food off the street from a 7-11 convient store that was destroyed by the horrific force winds, these folks are still Americans I don't care what people say, they were caught up in a natural disaster and their lives have been ruined,they didn't asked for this, we need to subsidize these folks b4 we send another fucking penny to any foreign land, take care of our own first and foremost .....and don't drag ass like Sandy with all the beaurocratic bullshit that takes place, do it now !!!!
yeah all those poor folk living in beach front homes :roll:

this wasn't a freak tornado that came in the middle of the night, with all these modern technologies we have a warning system, these people simply didn't heed the warnings, so they get to pick up the pieces.