Pet Peeves

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Sundayknight

Post by Sundayknight »

I think I've started getting the same exact question in every fast food or grocery store " how's is going? Got any plans for the (day, week ,weekend)?"
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Sundayknight wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 pm I think I've started getting the same exact question in every fast food or grocery store " how's is going? Got any plans for the (day, week ,weekend)?"
Oh my god, I thought that was only a Publix thing!!!
Teenage guy or girl bagging my groceries asking me what my plans for the weekend are, as if they are my best fucking friend. Hahaha.
I wanted to respond with "hoping to bang your mom again" but that would have been rude, they are just following the rules set forth by corporate dweebs.
Actually that only lasted a few weeks here, enough people must have complained how asinine that line of questioning was.
Corporate HR comes up with some great bullshit!!!
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Damn.....4 pages of whining ...
aka: Dolfan
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:47 pm
Sundayknight wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 pm I think I've started getting the same exact question in every fast food or grocery store " how's is going? Got any plans for the (day, week ,weekend)?"
Oh my god, I thought that was only a Publix thing!!!
Teenage guy or girl bagging my groceries asking me what my plans for the weekend are, as if they are my best fucking friend. Hahaha.
I wanted to respond with "hoping to bang your mom again" but that would have been rude, they are just following the rules set forth by corporate dweebs.
Actually that only lasted a few weeks here, enough people must have complained how asinine that line of questioning was.
Corporate HR comes up with some great bullshit!!!
Teen girl? Might as well have some fun with it. "I don't know, you want to get together and do something?"
Jeepsnguns

Post by Jeepsnguns »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:23 pm Teen girl? Might as well have some fun with it. "I don't know, you want to get together and do something?"
Hahaha, no Steyr, as fun as saying that would be, I'm 62 and look every bit my age, saying that would be full on "old man perv talk", very un-cool, not going there!!!
Jeepsnguns

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Joecruiser wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:01 pm Damn.....4 pages of whining ...
Hahaha. Yep!
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

You say that like it's a bad thing...
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:32 pm
SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:23 pm Teen girl? Might as well have some fun with it. "I don't know, you want to get together and do something?"
Hahaha, no Steyr, as fun as saying that would be, I'm 62 and look every bit my age, saying that would be full on "old man perv talk", very un-cool, not going there!!!
Sounds like bonus fun. Policy changes inbound.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

So...don't click. :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Today's pet peeve. Forkers who bring their dingdangdawgs into the dam grocery store on a leash, not in a screened, contained stroller. Th' hell?
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)