Tropical Storm Dorian

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Iosef wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:50 pm It appears the NOAA forcasters think less of this storm each day. Now, they give it less than 10% probability of any hurricane force winds at all, during the next five days.
There goes the cool weather I was hoping for. Sick of this 97% humidity bullshit.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

After my first home sustained substantial damages by Andrew, lost power Katrina 1 week, Wilma 3 weeks, Irma 4 days...I learned to live in hurricane alley without stressing. Be ready and prepared...just as we are when we're carrying.

If you have doubts your home will survive a major storm OR are in an evacuation zone....get outta Dodge!
As for me, I have no choice buy to stay...my job requires it. But I've transformed my house as a mini bunker.

I've worked every major and minir storm performing FEMA required damage assessments.
Even if everyone knows an area was spared, just being under watch triggers damage assessment.

Bottom line: Stay safe BUT don't fall into all the media hype.....the stress will kill you.
aka: Dolfan
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Iosef wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:50 pm It appears the NOAA forcasters think less of this storm each day. Now, they give it less than 10% probability of any hurricane force winds at all, during the next five days.
This morning they are NOT thinking less of it!
Stay tuned!
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

45caldan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:59 am
This morning they are NOT thinking less of it!
Stay tuned!
Yeah, it will completely miss Hispaniola, so it will NOT get knocked down. Now they predict cat 2 and Florida is the target.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Terrific - another blow coming the one Labor Day holiday I get off.

Why can't the hurricanes come election day, and keep the libitards at home!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Ha remember my thread about what to do Daytona Beach area for Labor day weekend, yep were still going :mrgreen: , beach for this guy.....whos got a boogie board I can borrow at least there will be waves :roll:
tector

Post by tector »

Fucking Haitians, can't count on them for anything.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Well damn. This bites
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Costco, Aldis, and Walmart were on fuckin' fire today. I usually do my grocery shopping on Wednesdays cause its my day off and I could barely get what I needed.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."