Mass shooting in St Louis

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Springfield

Mass shooting in St Louis

Post by Springfield »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/4-shot-durin ... ion-report
An 8-year-old girl died Friday night and three other people were wounded after a gunfire erupted following a brawl at a high school football jamboree in St. Louis, according to reports.

The girl became the 12th youth to be fatally shot in St. Louis since April, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Those injured Friday night near Soldan High School in St. Louis were a woman in her 40s and two teenage boys, FOX 2 of St. Louis reported. The girl had attended the jamboree with her family, according to the Post-Dispatch. Multiple fights broke out at the event, which police canceled around 8:15 p.m., the newspaper reported. The gunfire broke out after police believed they had cleared the area, FOX 2 reported.

Around the same time, police responded to a report of a shot fired at Parkway North High School about 12 miles away during another jamboree, FOX 2 of St. Louis reported. There were no reports of anyone being wounded.
12 kids killed in 5 months is just as much a tragedy as 12 kids killed the same day. Doesn't fit the anti-gun narrative, but NRA led efforts to reduce urban crime have been demonstrated to work.
Taco

Post by Taco »

4.53 children under the age of 16 are killed everyday by vehicles. If the true goal is the minimization of preventable child casualties, the only place you should look is self driving cars.

12 dead kids is a tragic to all who know them on a microlevel, but statistically it is insignificant when considering the population size.

All freedom has it's costs. I, for one, prefer to be free.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Taco wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:40 amAll freedom has it's costs. I, for one, prefer to be free.
Of course me too. It just seems wrong for media to politicize mass shootings but mostly ignore the much greater problem of urban crime in Dem mis-managed cities.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

A mass shooting requires 4 dead minimum. This is not a mass shooting. Stop playing the liberal hand.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Legio wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:36 pm A mass shooting requires 4 dead minimum. This is not a mass shooting. Stop playing the liberal hand.
I was of the opinion that mass *murder* was 4 dead minimum... so a mass *shooting* could be 4+ people shot? Semantics, I know but isn't that also how the left twists the truth to fit their narrative? They've conditioned us into automatically assuming people shot = people murdered using nothing more than TV "news", cop shows & movies.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
tector

Post by tector »

"Mass shooting" means whatever the speaker wants it to mean.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

Sadly anytime I hear the word "shooting" (mass or otherwise) anymore, all I listen for is where and how many, then wait for the inevitable statements from the democrats.