Opinions on wellness check gone wrong. Video.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Whoutink

Opinions on wellness check gone wrong. Video.

Post by Whoutink »

Saw this on facetube. It happened in 2017 I believe. Anyway, I can't believe the comments on Facebook, saying he was in the right. What y'all think, and know about this.

Facebook link shortened video

Full dash cam I think
[youtube]WVr5FMaro7c[/youtube]
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

And what's this about? Unrelated to the original question
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Whoutink wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 pm And what's this about? Unrelated to the original question
It means you've been tagged as a

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Whoutink wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 pm And what's this about? Unrelated to the original question
It is a topic icon. Edit your post, look on top. Click on none. It will go away

Or i can removed it if you would like!

But then the atf loses their watching flag.
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

Ohh I see. I fat fingered an extra button. Thank you
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

It is a topic icon that was placed by the OP. To remove it, edit your original post and remove it.
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

Thanks Legio

Anyone have an opinion on the shoot in the video?
To me it looks like attempted murder, and I believe he was charged with that and a couple other things. I can't believe all the people saying that was a good shoot. So I just want you make sure I'm not crazy , or confirm that I am.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Not hard to find the info on this..

https://americangg.net/ambushed-police- ... V3dqvzGJxU

Ambushed police officer thankful the suspect carried a Taurus
The concept of a shotgun pistol sure sounds cool, but the effectiveness of this weapon is still questionable.

A Deputy Sheriff from Troup County Georgia was allegedly ambushed by a suspect carrying a Taurus Judge loaded with .410 shotgun shells.

No, Deputy Michael Hockett was not trespassing. The property owner and suspect’s father requested what is known as a “welfare check” for his 28-year-old son, Matthew Edmondson. This is a completely legal and constitutional police function requested by the property owner. Even if Deputy Hockett had been trespassing, which he was not, Edmondson broke the law first by shooting the deputy’s vehicle and again by pursuing the fleeing deputy.

Ultimately whether the deputy should have been there or not is inconsequential. The point of this video is to show the ineffectiveness of .410 shot fired from a shotgun pistol. Had Edmondson been packing .45 long colts it may have been a completely different story that would have likely ended Deputy Hockett’s life.

Deputy Hockett was hit in his forehead, elbow, and waist with the tiny pellets but was able to return fire and hit Edmondson in the arm. Edmonson returned to his house where he kept his mother hostage against her will.

A SWAT team was called in and Edmondson eventually surrendered after a standoff that lasted over 6 hours. According to WSB-TV, an Atlanta ABC affiliate, Edmonson has been arrested and charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, and false imprisonment.

Deputy Hockett was taken to a local hospital and released. He was placed on standard administrative leave following a shooting. “I’m thankful that the Lord (saw) me through it,” he said to WSB. “I’ve replayed it in my head, and I know in my heart that I did everything I could to do the best I could with the situation I’d been placed in.”
Last edited by Outgunu on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

You can't shoot a trespasser, regardless of what signs you've posted or what advice you've heard on Matlock (or from Bucky Joe Billy Bob who lives yonder). :roll:

You can shoot in the event of a forcible felony only:

Florida (Section 776.012(2), Florida Statutes) states that a “person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony”(emphasis added).

Section 776.08, Florida Statutes, a “forcible felony” is defined as “treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.”
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

The Dbag shooting at the cop was nothing more than that I know this posted back in 2017 with the video as well.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.