Chris Cox has tendered his resignation.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Chris Cox has tendered his resignation.

Post by photohause »

https://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2 ... signs.html

THURSDAY, JUNE 27, 2019

Chris Cox Resigns (Updated)

An email went out this morning to all NRA employees informing them that Chris Cox has tendered his resignation. This is a sad day in the fight for gun rights on Capitol Hill. Chris Cox and the NRA-ILA have been, more or less, effective in keeping the Republicans and some Democrats on the side of gun rights.

Wayne LaPierre's email is below:
Date: June 26, 2019 at 8:50:14 AM MDT
To: #All NRA Employees <#AllNRAEmployees@nrahq.org>
Subject: Important Announcement

Dear Board Members and NRA Staff,

I wanted to inform you that Chris Cox tendered his resignation as executive director of NRA-ILA. I have accepted it and want to thank Chris for his service to the NRA and for his efforts to advocate for the Second Amendment.

Chris’s action follows our filing of a lawsuit in New York on June 19. Thereafter, I announced that, pending our pursuit of the facts relating to certain allegations contained in that lawsuit, Chris was placed on administrative leave. Naturally, that pursuit will continue in the interest of the NRA and our members.

In the meantime, NRA-ILA continues to benefit from a strong team with deep political experience, valued relationships, and a passion for the Second Amendment. We will make an announcement soon about an interim director of ILA and, in the meantime, continue to position the NRA for great success in the 2020 election season and beyond.

Please join me in wishing Chris and his family the best.

Wayne
That's nice. Wish Chris and his family the best after he has been stabbed in the back.

One thing that has been mentioned to me is that there is more than a supposed "coup" attempt behind this. The NRA-ILA gave the NRA proper a substantial loan that has not yet been repaid so that they could cover their bills. The loan was made in the 2017 time frame. Now it is rumored that Wayne came back to ILA asking for a loan in the $15 million range and Chris Cox said no. The other person who had the authority to say "no" on behalf of the NRA-ILA was Scott Christman and he is on administrative leave as well.

The interim head of the NRA-ILA is expected to be the former ILA head of state affairs who has been working for the NRA proper for the last few years. The likelihood of him saying "no" to Wayne when asked for a loan is not likely.

UPDATE: If the comments on the Twitter feed of NY Times reporter are any indication, those who are anti-rights are ecstatic. You can read it here.

UPDATE II: Sebastian at Shall Not Be Questioned has his take on this whole mess. He is one of the few bloggers who goes way back with the NRA. Sebastian and Bitter have always, in my opinion, had good connections within the NRA.
POSTED BY JOHN RICHARDSON AT 7:23 AM
LABELS: CHRIS COX, NRA-ILA, WAYNE LAPIERRE
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

No honor among thieves... The NRA needs to burn to the ground.
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

WLP has got to go.
Seems as if Chris had a little bit of honor.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

ABOC wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 am No honor among thieves... The NRA needs to burn to the ground.
1++++
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

ABOC wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 am No honor among thieves. Yes. The NRA needs to burn to the ground. No
Let's split that hair please. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

ABOC wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 am No honor among thieves... The NRA needs to burn to the ground.
Michael Bloomberg and his shills at EveryTown/MomsDemand will rejoice, all the democrat candidates and a good number of GOP will try to claim they brought the NRA down singlehanded. George Soros is already planning his next move to world domination.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

This infighting shit just empowers ALL of the anti 2nd commies. They are wetting their panties when this crap goes down.
We as patriots need to keep cool heads and pull together as a team.

Like them or not, the NRA is the most powerful lobbying group WE THE PEOPLE have at this time on OUR side.
Its damn easy to jump on the negative news bandwagon , we need to find the truth before we pass any judgement and even then get behind the NRA as a positive American organization instead of throwing them under a bus because of the greedy human element that may be involved in its possible downfall.

Remember Soros and the dems NEVER OPENLY GO AGAINST ONE OF THEIR OWN, WE ON THE OTHERHAND ARE THE FIRST TO THROW THE SWITCH ON ONE OF OURS.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The Constitution is effectively dead and the NRA is our last and only hope?
How did that happen?
Yep.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:25 pm This infighting shit just empowers ALL of the anti 2nd commies. They are wetting their panties when this crap goes down.
We as patriots need to keep cool heads and pull together as a team.

Like them or not, the NRA is the most powerful lobbying group WE THE PEOPLE have at this time on OUR side.
Its damn easy to jump on the negative news bandwagon , we need to find the truth before we pass any judgement and even then get behind the NRA as a positive American organization instead of throwing them under a bus because of the greedy human element that may be involved in its possible downfall.

Remember Soros and the dems NEVER OPENLY GO AGAINST ONE OF THEIR OWN, WE ON THE OTHERHAND ARE THE FIRST TO THROW THE SWITCH ON ONE OF OURS.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-u ... ra-part-1/

I fail to see how the NRA is on our side.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

WOW !

Lots to digest in that article.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !