Never give up on those stolen guns, guys

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 pm

it also all depends on if the Cops enter the numbers correctly
My BIL who was a LEO for 38 years said it was notoriously inaccurate and never relied on.
tector

Post by tector »

Sounds like the Commie FOID may have produced an incidental benefit in this instance.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

My place was broken into about 4 years ago
They got 5 guns.

I'm not planning on them reappearing.

AFS
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Let me know if you want those back :mrgreen:
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

AirForceShooter wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 pm My place was broken into about 4 years ago
They got 5 guns.

AFS
Don’t depend on the cops to contact you if the guns are recovered. They didn’t contact me, but when I contacted them 2 years after the theft, I was told “we recovered your AK 18 months ago. Come on down & pick it up”. GARY.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

I call them once a year as I was instructed to.

AFS
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:19 pm
AirForceShooter wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 pm My place was broken into about 4 years ago
They got 5 guns.

AFS
Don’t depend on the cops to contact you if the guns are recovered. They didn’t contact me, but when I contacted them 2 years after the theft, I was told “we recovered your AK 18 months ago. Come on down & pick it up”. GARY.
What kind of AK was it?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:26 am
What kind of AK was it?
Saiga 308 AK, barrel shortened to 16”, & Romy side folder. It was seized in a drug bust in West Palm Beach. When I went to pick it up at the PD, all the cops were looking at me wondering why an old guy like me would own that gun. They all knew about the gun, because it was from a huge drug bust. I asked them why they didn’t contact me when it was recovered, & they said they reported the recovery to the Sheriff’s dept, since that’s where I reported the theft. So when I went back to ask the Sheriff’s dept to ask why they didn’t notify me, they asked who I reported the theft to. I showed them the theft report, & they entered the badge number of the deputy who made out the report. They told me he retired, so he couldn’t notify me. Total BULL$HIT!!! GARY
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Ohh, that's extra shitty. Dude should have at least put it somewhere that he had pending notifications on stuff like that.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:48 am Ohh, that's extra shitty. Dude should have at least put it somewhere that he had pending notifications on stuff like that.
I reported the theft to the deputy who sat in the lobby of the main SO. The deputy who told me the other guy retired was his replacement. So I asked him since the deputy who took the original report retired, & you are his replacent, wouldn’t you notify me? He shrugged his shoulders, & told me “nobody told him”. So my advice is every 6 months call the PD where you originally reported the theft. GARY.