NRA: Wayne pushes Chris out? NYT article, via CNN

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 am Whereas I do think the NRA is a dumpster fire right now, this is the NYT. The oldest bastion of Fake news and propaganda in the US.

I have not seen anyone dispute the substance of this story, so shooting the messenger seems misplaced. The story is based on a filed lawsuit, a public record.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

[youtube]_olHJ8I2kwk[/youtube]

Further evidence of the sh*tstorm going on inside the NRA:

https://floridashootersnetwork.com/view ... 349#p14349

NRA members need to know about what's going on in the organization for when those robo-calls for money come in. For about a month after the annual meeting, I was getting almost daily calls between 8AM and 9AM from the NRA. I finally answered one and let the solicitor make her pitch, then politely but firmly told her exactly why I was not going to send then one more dollar until they clean up their internal messes. I said as long as Wayne LaPierre and Marion Hammer are involved in leadership, and until I see signs the organization is actively working in my interests as a member, I will be donating my money in support of other organizations who are actually doing something to protect my rights. The fact that the Hearing Protection Act and National Reciprocity did not become law during the first two years of the current administration is inexcusable, and their taking money from hard working members who probably can't afford such donations on the promise that they're fighting for their rights is outright criminal. Remarkably, I have not received a single call from the NRA since that day.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

tector wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:02 am
Dr. Dickie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 am Whereas I do think the NRA is a dumpster fire right now, this is the NYT. The oldest bastion of Fake news and propaganda in the US.

I have not seen anyone dispute the substance of this story, so shooting the messenger seems misplaced. The story is based on a filed lawsuit, a public record.
The substance may be correct, the writing and slant is designed to make everything look worse than it probably really is.
Like I said, the NRA is a mess right now, they switched from being a organization that fought for rights, to one that fought for MONEY, period.
But what is happening now is good, hopefully the old corrupt guard will be booted out and some decent people can take over.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

patw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:44 am This will not be good for us. How is GOA anyway? I don't know much about them.

That's the problem WLP is not doing anything for the good of the NRA. WLP is doing what's good for WLP.

WLP will take down the NRA with him if he has to. He's in it for nothing but the money and feels that HE'S THE NRA AND IS THE REASON THE NRA IS WHAT IT IS. WLP will not let the true NRA, it's members decide anything. WHY...because as with all power hungry egotistical self centered people. WLP thinks he's smarter and knows more than anyone else.

Plus WLP is not about to give up the millions he's getting. Also once he's gone, he knows that the new leadership will discover just how CORRUPT he really is. The embezzlement of money, payoffs ect...

For one the millions paid to these attorneys. That no one in their right mind would have done. I wonder just how much of that money found it's way back to WLP under the table.

WLP knows that if he's ousted he will be uncovered for what he is. Another CORRUPTED pos.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Wayne needs to go.....plain and simple!