why not a legal Howdah

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I'm just a little obsessed with them, here I am begging the rep at a trade show to skip me ahead in line, we waited for almost 13 months for one to be imported.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:16 pm I'm just a little obsessed with them, here I am begging the rep at a trade show to skip me ahead in line, we waited for almost 13 months for one to be imported.
You look about as happy as a kid on Christmas getting his first Red Ryder BB gun. I kinda want one of those now because of you.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Howdah fuck did you make that ? just a guess
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

Villafuego wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 am
Bugman wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:09 pm Here's a question
Now that guns that fire shotgun shell are no longer shotguns unless they are shotguns, when can we expect a proper consumer priced production line Howdah to come out?
Those pistol gripped "no longer shotguns" still have to have an OAL greater than 26" to avoid being classified as an AOW.

Any smoothbore handgun, regardless of caliber, is also considered an AOW.

Any handgun or rifle with a bore diameter greater than .50" is considered a Destructive Device unless it is given a sporting exemption....

Taurus tried with their 28ga revolver, but it didn't pass muster.....even with shallow-rifled barrels.
Well it was a dream.
I would love to have a proper howdah pistol, bt the price would start at about $3000. More than I can pay
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

There's a Pedersoli in .45/.410 at Bullet Hole in Sarasota. After doing my own testing on water bottles at 10 paces with a .410 Derringer and a Snake Charmer, I would want it in 20 gauge for sure.
Last edited by flcracker on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Bugman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 am
I would love to have a proper howdah pistol, bt the price would start at about $3000. More than I can pay
price is $1350 plus tax and tip...., how many do you want, in stock at IFG as of this am
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

What I have seen from the Italians is a 410 Auto & Burgler, one of the ugliest guns ever made, and the Black Poweder 20 gauge.
Other than that I see sawed off shotguns being passed off as howdahs

I want something in between.

Something with the elegance of the Pedersoli BP howdah, but a break open hammer gun design with the porper counter weighted stock, maybe in 28 or 20 gauge

But like I said the price would be out of my range