Henry levergun

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Looks like I'm going with .30-30 because ammo is more available. I will probably be reloading some anyway & Starline is reasonably priced for new brass. I also found out I can buy Hornady flextip (FTX) bullets in .308 if I want to go that route.
Thanks everyone for your input & sage advice. Mrs. Bmup hates all of you... :mrgreen:
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

I love my .35 Remington lever gun. It hits like a freight train but hard to find ammo for it unless you live near Bass Pro or Academy or one of those.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Love my Wichester lever action in 30-30. Make sure you get one that was made the old school way as they are a dream to shoot unlike the modern ones. Mine was made in '64. I think they are expensive these days? It is one of those bucket lists rifles.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

I love my Browning BL-22 (.22LR) lever-action.

I know the discussion is around centerfire calibers with side-gate loading. My BL-22 is tube-fed, of course. And, yeah... it's a bit of a pain... takes time. But, perhaps slowing down is not a bad thing. :)

But, for cheap lever-action fun, it's hard to beat .22LR.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Lever guns are a great edition to any gun hording.

I picked up a JM Marlin in 35 rem from a member here a few years after wanting one for a while. Great on deer and hogs. Hits hard. Bought a few boxes of ammo for the brass and reload at this point.

If anyone thinks 35 remington is expensive try 25/20. 75 bucks a box when you can find it. But my 100 year winchester is a killer on med to small game.
Reloading is only way to go.