Venezuela regrets gun ban

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

rug357 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 pm
GunsandHoses wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 pm
Difference is, we wouldn’t be handing over our guns....well MOST of us!
Unfortunately I doubt that...I bet 90% of gunowners will hand them over without a fight.
CaptBarty wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:43 am Remember the photos of gun owners lined up in CT to comply with some stupid law? They were eager to comply.
Yeah... about 10% of CT gun owners lined up to register their "assault weapons." In NY, the compliance was 6%. Single-digit compliance in states that are NOTORIOUSLY "liberal." So, imagine the compliance rate in RED STATES. LOL!

Also consider how many bump stocks have been surrendered in the states that passed such laws: ZERO. So far... Freakin' ZERO. And, the deadlines have come and gone.

So, my faith in American gun owners engaging in civil disobedience should any weapons be banned remains HIGH.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Mohel_Knives wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:43 pm Lost mine in a boating accident. Nothing left.
You gotta wonder why so many folks on this forum take their entire gun collections out on their boats, and end up capsizing, losing their entire collections???
Is it a crazy coincidence!!!
Or just terrible seamanship on the part of FSN boat owners??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

If you think it's time to bury them, it's actually time to be oiling them.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

MadMan wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:37 pm If you think it's time to bury them, it's actually time to be oiling them.
That is well said, sir.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

The first thing the communists in Cuba did after taking power was the confiscation of all weapons, they even had a slogan for it, Armas para qué? translation is like Why you need guns?
One of the things that makes me angrier is seeing a Cuban supporting the Democratic Party, is like seeing a Jews supporting the Nazi Party or blacks supporting the KKK.
Unfuckinbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Racer88 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:25 pm
rug357 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 pm
GunsandHoses wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 pm
Difference is, we wouldn’t be handing over our guns....well MOST of us!
Unfortunately I doubt that...I bet 90% of gunowners will hand them over without a fight.
CaptBarty wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:43 am Remember the photos of gun owners lined up in CT to comply with some stupid law? They were eager to comply.
Yeah... about 10% of CT gun owners lined up to register their "assault weapons." In NY, the compliance was 6%. Single-digit compliance in states that are NOTORIOUSLY "liberal." So, imagine the compliance rate in RED STATES. LOL!

Also consider how many bump stocks have been surrendered in the states that passed such laws: ZERO. So far... Freakin' ZERO. And, the deadlines have come and gone.

So, my faith in American gun owners engaging in civil disobedience should any weapons be banned remains HIGH.
I believe so too, ESPECIALLY after seeing what’s going on in Venezuela!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:20 am The first thing the communists in Cuba did after taking power was the confiscation of all weapons, they even had a slogan for it, Armas para qué? translation is like Why you need guns?
One of the things that makes me angrier is seeing a Cuban supporting the Democratic Party, is like seeing a Jews supporting the Nazi Party or blacks supporting the KKK.
Unfuckinbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully in agreement Captain.
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

The way I see it happening: first a cop comes to your door with a list of known weapons, and says "turn them over". You say "no thanks" and slam the door in his face.

Next month, the swat team breaks in (5 AM) confiscates all weapons they can find. And they look for evidence of other weapons that are not on the list, and they cant find them.

Next month, a lawyer sends you a letter saying "we think you are hiding weapons". If you do not give them to us, we lock you in jail.

After some back-and-forth like this, you all of a sudden find all your bank accounts, retire funds, etc, all locked up or gone. And you get fired from your job. Then your house get padlocked.

What ja gonna do, tough guy?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Dave P wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:43 pm The way I see it happening: first a cop comes to your door with a list of known weapons, and says "turn them over". You say "no thanks" and slam the door in his face.

Next month, the swat team breaks in (5 AM) confiscates all weapons they can find. And they look for evidence of other weapons that are not on the list, and they cant find them.

Next month, a lawyer sends you a letter saying "we think you are hiding weapons". If you do not give them to us, we lock you in jail.

After some back-and-forth like this, you all of a sudden find all your bank accounts, retire funds, etc, all locked up or gone. And you get fired from your job. Then your house get padlocked.

What ja gonna do, tough guy?
They have no records of what I have, and certainly don't have the address where my guns are stored
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -