So is anyone going to the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun Show

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
indy1919a4

So is anyone going to the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun Show

Post by indy1919a4 »

Getting a wild hair to go this weekend.. Any one else going???

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/
tector

Post by tector »

I wish. I was there several times. Not a bad road trip from the Panhandle. From down here (Broward), a very long haul.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

tector wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:09 am I wish. I was there several times. Not a bad road trip from the Panhandle. From down here (Broward), a very long haul.
That's what I hate about South FL, besides the heat. All the cool shit in the state happens in Central, panhandle, or north FL.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

it sucks to try and drive or fly there, nothing non stop :shock:
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Its only 1262 miles from Wimauma!
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

If I was ever in the neighborhood, It would definitely be on the agenda.
Otherwise, for less cost than the trip to get there, there's plenty of ways to spend money on neat stuff right here.
tector

Post by tector »

jaytwillerham wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:06 am If I was ever in the neighborhood, It would definitely be on the agenda.
Otherwise, for less cost than the trip to get there, there's plenty of ways to spend money on neat stuff right here.
To be honest that isn't the point.

I mean I can see plenty of cool things around here, but it is not the same as going to the Grand Canyon or Crater Lake.

The Tulsa show is the Grand Canyon of gun shows, or it least it was the times I went there (maybe last time was 2010 or 2011?). It was not only vast (maybe about 4400 tables) but you saw all kinds of things you just don't see down here. Plus it was very cool to meet and talk to folks from all over the country.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
kevinbeck76

Post by kevinbeck76 »

I'd love to go. Only $150 round trip from with Allegiant from Sanford. Might have to attend the November show.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

kevinbeck76 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:43 pm I'd love to go. Only $150 round trip from with Allegiant from Sanford. Might have to attend the November show.
You know, that is a darn fine price, and talk about convient.. The only downside to flying is if you are lucky enough to find something Cool and big and Righteous.. You may be inhibited on picking it up just because of all the headaches that the Airline may give you.. So if you fly, you have to be ready to ship the thing on a Saturday or Sunday. Which could be one hell of a fun adventure on its own. Again I love that price.