How far have you gone for FTF purchase?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Salt Springs. Don't know how far from me, but it was a decent drive. Did that a couple of times. The person was a member here, but he moved up north of Florida.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

Back when I had free time, I made a few Orlando to Miami and Orlando to Jacksonville trips.

Now I barely have free time to swing down the street from home or work. Damn adult responsibilities.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

pharmer

Post by pharmer »

Far enough that upon arrival found items wildly misrepresented, but given the distance, went through with the deal. Now I will go to the Publix parking lot by the Turnpike exit, max. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

pharmer wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:38 am Far enough that upon arrival found items wildly misrepresented, but given the distance, went through with the deal. Now I will go to the Publix parking lot by the Turnpike exit, max. Joe
Yeah, and that is the main reason I will not drive a decent distance unless it is something I am desperate for. After driving all that distance, it seems like such waste to just turn around empty handed.
chester field

Post by chester field »

I will usually go up to 20 miles for a sale, and 70 miles for a buy or trade. I use "usually" rather loosely because I haven't done all that many deals, but those are my rule of thumb distances. That "want it" factor plays into that as well I would imagine ;)
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

pharmer wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:38 am Far enough that upon arrival found items wildly misrepresented, but given the distance, went through with the deal. Now I will go to the Publix parking lot by the Turnpike exit, max. Joe
I try to plan any purchases or sale offers according to where I might be going during the month. The one in Catskill worked out perfectly because I go there often and asked the seller if I prepaid and had a friend that lived there inspect, if he would hold for me. I would also make arrangements to sell or buy with persons in J-ville when I used to visit my cousin in Palm Coast, a couple of years ago. When something is interesting and at a good price, I try to work around my travels.
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
chuck17

Post by chuck17 »

I drove from West Palm to Orlando a few years back for a Luger.
patw

Post by patw »

Went from St. Lucie to Tampa and also to Broward. Now I try to stay local,for the most part.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Bespin
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

Sarasota to St Pete to sell

AFS