NJ sues over AR kits shipped into the state

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

NJ sues over AR kits shipped into the state

Post by tector »

U.S. Patriot Armory apparently blew off a cease and desist warning.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... embly-kits
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

So did NJ’s “firearms expert” complete the 80% receiver? If so, then he created the firearm. GARY
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

In Nazi Jersey an antique flintlock pistol is a firearm, a BB gun is a firearm, I think even a slingshot is a firearm in NJ.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Swear ever time I read the word "ghost gun" I realize most people are f-ing morons.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:35 pm Swear ever time I read the word "ghost gun" I realize most people are f-ing morons.
Same thing when you hear "the gun show loophole," or even," Military style weapon." Which firearm is not military style? And if you mean cosmetic changes, who cares? Clinton's ban on flash hiders is still credited with saving thousands of lives by people who have at best a tenuous grasp of reality--but still get re-elected.
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

"A firearms expert with the state police was able to assemble and fire the AR-15 after the assembly kit arrived last week, the newspaper reported."
They make it sound like all he had to do was bolt it together and it would fire. Takes a little more effort than that.
Taco

Post by Taco »

A firearms expert was able to turn a bucket of metal and plastic into a firearm... Shocking...

I bet a trip to Home Depot would yield a Howitzer...
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:40 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:35 pm Swear ever time I read the word "ghost gun" I realize most people are f-ing morons.
Same thing when you hear "the gun show loophole," or even," Military style weapon." Which firearm is not military style? And if you mean cosmetic changes, who cares? <snip>.
Also people need remember that weasel types will twist the laws, or make them up as they go along. A bolt action rifle is but a variant of a 98 Mauser or '03 Springfield, both military rifles. 30-06? .308? .303? Military rounds.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

cj5mrt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:06 pm "A firearms expert with the state police was able to assemble and fire the AR-15 after the assembly kit arrived last week, the newspaper reported."
They make it sound like all he had to do was bolt it together and it would fire. Takes a little more effort than that.
Firearms experts and Oswald's Carcano.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Losing the profit from not doing business with NJ residents would have cost them much much less than this legal battle.