GSG Firefly

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
10MMgary

GSG Firefly

Post by 10MMgary »

I just ordered this about an hour ago, supposedly the same as a Sig Mosquito just branded with their GSG label instead of Sig's. It was $179.99 shipped to my ffl. I was told by a friend that GSG made them for Sig and they were stupid expensive with their name(Sig)& Logo on them
https://palmettostatearmory.com/ati-gsg ... 10tff.html
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Yes, they're identical. From what I read, GSG made them for Sig. Contract expired and GSG made their own branded version. Let us know how it shoots/feels. It's on my list.

[youtube]n_2XNj3jqo0[/youtube]
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

I first saw this thread this morning. This evening at Rural King I saw one so I just had to have it! Thanks to you I can tell you it feels great in the hand and looks nice also. :D I will have to take it out back and check it out in the next day or so.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Louiethelump

Post by Louiethelump »

It has been 8 months and still no report on how this pistol worked out for you.

Does the silence mean it was not so good?
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

The Sig used to ship with two different recoil springs.
What about the GSG?
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

GSD did manufacture the SIG mosquito. Yes they wanted a lot of Coin for that. There some others. Walther made one for Colt that came with a threaded barrel. If that new GSG will run at that price you got a deal.
BIG JOE
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Louiethelump wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:05 am It has been 8 months and still no report on how this pistol worked out for you.

Does the silence mean it was not so good?
Sorry. I forgot I posted this. I finally took it out a couple weeks ago. It ran okay but had a couple fail to ejects. I need to clean it up well and experiment with some various ammo. I think that was Geco 22lr I used. I will report back in a year or so.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

So after cleaning, not deep cleaning, the Firefly I took it out back to the range to try out again. I have the factory 10 round magazine so I put 10 in it and charged the first round. When I fired it the first cycle failed to feed so I racked it back and it fired the rest of the magazine great. So after this happened repeatedly for four magazines I decided to only load the magazine with nine rounds and voila it cycled perfectly. So five nine round magazine loads it was flawless. Loaded a ten round mag and first cycle failure to feed. So what do you make of that? Magazine problem or something else? I am going to get a Sig Mosquito mag and see if that cures it. Don't have much faith though after reading a couple not so good reviews.
BTW it felt good in my hand and shot accurately.