The Glock thread

Pistols of all descriptions.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

One of my G26.4's;

Normally I prefer stock OEM on my weapons with the exception of aftermarket night sights. However, this one was traded for with RYG parts but also had the original parts as well. Took it out and shot it the same day I got it and all went well. Trigger was actually very nice and smooth. Didn't come with the pictured tac light though and may add one down the road.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Delete
Last edited by 45caldan on Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

I came to this thread to see if I got a decent deal today. A guy comes to work and asked if I would be interested in this gun a family member left him. He said he didn't know anything about it really. It was a G26 Gen3 with night sights and Crimson Trace Laser grip in about 95% shape. After reading the thread I am sure I got a good deal while still being fair to the guy. But I have to say I wouldn't sell it for what I paid. :D
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Rdmjazz

Post by Rdmjazz »

Got my first Glock (22) in 1991. I have had 17,19,21,22,26,27,30,36,43. I currently only have my gen3 19 and just got a 43. I guess I am just use to them from shooting and carrying them for so long. I think I’d like a 30s and a gen5 17 next. 8-)
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Looks like the Glock 45 is coming out i.e. a black 19X with no magwell cut out. I'm sure the Glocktards will be lining up to pre-order it. I'll feel the same way about it as I did the 19X. Only way I'd have one is if you gave it to me.
Citrusdude

Post by Citrusdude »

Never been a Glock guy, but do own two. Have always preferred the 1911 platform. Having worked on several 1911's for a local gun shop, the owner gave me his shop's certificate for the Armorer's course. Took it last week over at the Orange County Sheriff's range. We worked with the Gen 5, 4 and 3. Mine are Gen3, but the Gen 5's appeared to be a move in the right direction. Still like my slabsides for carry and competition, even if it is heavier and has fewer rounds.

Steve
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Well, it's been over a year and a half since this thread was posted in so I figured it was time to resurrect it :D

I've rethought some thinks over the last couple of years when I originally started this thread. I picked up a Glock 19X about six months after I said I didn't like them all that much. It is actually the first and only new Glock I've ever purchased in a gun store. And only because I picked it up at R&R Sports in Tampa at below blue label pricing. IIRC it was $530 and I figured that was a fair price at the time considering that it had night sights, three mags with two of them being 19-rounders. I have made this my dedicated night stand pistol with 20 rounds of 124+P GD on tap for bumps-in-the-night.

Just picked up a G19.5 FS yesterday. Checked the date with Glock and it was made less than a month ago, 5/7/20. Going to install Ameriglo i-Dot night sights on it and call it good.

Patiently waiting to see if they ever decide to come out with a Gen 5 Glock 23.
Casual

Post by Casual »

2 19s and a 34
gforester

Post by gforester »

No Glocks, I have moved on to other things. My last one was a G43 that I purchased from another forum member. I just never was able to shoot it comfortably, that damn thick trigger guard kept bumping into my knuckle to the point it was uncomfortable. Went back to my Nano as my every day carry.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Casual wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 am2 19s and a 34
What gen are your Glocks?