Help me like my inherited Glock 19

Pistols of all descriptions.
Bugman

Help me like my inherited Glock 19

Post by Bugman »

I'm trying to whittle my collection down to what I actually need so I am evaluating what I have.

I've had the Glock for a couple of years and never even took it out of the safe until last week.
it belonged to my BIL until he died and I only took it because his son wanted it but his antigun mother (my sister) said no.
So I took it until the kid was old enough and far enough out from his father's death to make up his own mind.
Well he refused my offer of the gun out of respect for his mother. He took my BodyGuard instead. I didn't ask,but there is obviously more to the story.

Anyway
I shot about 100 rounds through it and just don't like it, although it is easily one of the most accurate guns I have ever shot.

The trigger is too light and it sometimes clunks or clicks like it's snagging on something.

I think I may be putting my finger to the side of the safety instead of fully on it. And it just feels plasticky, like a toy gun.

I have been told that a 7.5 pound trigger with a 4.5 pound disconnector will give me the 6 pound trigger I want.
Any other trigger mods that would make it feel better?

What I absolutely love about Glock is the interchangeability of the magazines with is a big reason I want to like the gun
The fact that I can't in good conscience sell it is another.
Mohel_Knives

Post by Mohel_Knives »

I am one to keep Glocks mostly stock but I learned years ago that polishing the insides to a shiny smooth finish helps a lot. Get a set of 10-8 sites too for a quick easy upgrade. Also my condolences on your loss.
Ira G
Mohel Knives
I know stuff and can do things

My Name is Ira and I am a 1911 addict!!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I would just stash it away then. It sounds like you obviously don't like it (I don't like Glocks either though I acknowledge they are excellent pistols). Keep it, the kid may change his mind, especially with possible pending anti gun legislation in our state.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

GSSF or the local gun show that has a Glock Armorer and have it gone over with all non-Glock parts replaced.
For a more revolver like trigger feel ask for the NYC trigger.
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

Well
I know from reputation that they are good guns. I know from experience that this one is dead accurate.
I'm getting too old to carry my 1911, 44spl, or all steel double stack 9mm.

I'm a die hard 1911 fanboi now , but didn't like them when I got my first. But after some work I believe that it's what God shoots.
I grew up on revolvers and was over 30 before I bought my first semi auto other than the Ruger Standard, so I am biased as to what I think a double action trigger should feel like
And if it doesn't have a safety independent of the trigger I want it to feel like a double action for now.

I'm also in the process of consolidating, thinning my herd, and taking a different direction with my collection

I'm very attracted to the magazine interchangeability of the Glocks
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

Mohel_Knives wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm I am one to keep Glocks mostly stock but I learned years ago that polishing the insides to a shiny smooth finish helps a lot. Get a set of 10-8 sites too for a quick easy upgrade. Also my condolences on your loss.
Suitable for concealed carry?
ss1

Post by ss1 »

It’s one of my carry guns and I’ve got the trigger to my liking. There are aftermarket alloy trigger shoes (like Apex) you can replace the stock trigger shoe that removes the plastic feel. The 4.5# disconnector is what I went with. Polishing like Ira said will improve the feel and may remove that clunking feel.