Need 1911 mechanic

Pistols of all descriptions.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Louiethelump wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:16 pm No hurry. Was answering a question.
Any update?
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Louiethelump

Post by Louiethelump »

not lately..
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Appologies Louie , we got a huge batch of consignment guns in and they all had to get listed for this estate right away so a lot of the repairs had to take my backseat.

Since Lakeland man is dying to have an update and this isn't even his gun, :roll: I'll be sure to take extra time out of my day to come in post just for him.

I ordered a set of links I'll try to make some time to fix it up tomorrow so we can try to shoot it this week.
Louiethelump

Post by Louiethelump »

As I told you; I am in no hurry on the 1911, and I am not the least bit concerned.

I just answered the question.

Take all the time you need. I told the nephew it was on an “as time allows” basis and he shrugged.

Get any good guns in the batch? Should I come take a look?
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I sent you an email we got your fixed up today

stop in the next time you're in town and grab it, don't worry about payment until you shoot it and make sure it's okay I will not have time to get to the range probably till next week or the week after.... I think you told me you can shoot at your place
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:59 pm Appologies Louie , we got a huge batch of consignment guns in and they all had to get listed for this estate right away so a lot of the repairs had to take my backseat.

Since Lakeland man is dying to have an update and this isn't even his gun, :roll: I'll be sure to take extra time out of my day to come in post just for him.

I ordered a set of links I'll try to make some time to fix it up tomorrow so we can try to shoot it this week.
Just tighten up your panties rent was just asking question sheesh.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

You're probably that customer we all love to hate :mrgreen:

the one we explain over and over, that will call you when it's finished and you stop in or call two or three times just to check on the status.

I have a MG in for repair at a well known M11 Doctor, his rule of thumb is everytime you call and inquire about your gun you move back 10 places in line....its been almost 5 months and I have refrained from inquiring once......good things come to those who wait.

Many people look at that and say what a dick I'm never going to take a gun to that guy but they forget about the 10 or 15 people that are ahead of them and that the day-to-day operations don't revolve around hurrying to get to work on your firearm
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

In all honesty waiting 5 months to have a gun repaired is just plain stupid.

I have a problem waiting a week.
I've always found a smith to do a repair promptly, defined as a week.

AFS
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

AirForceShooter wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:47 pm In all honesty waiting 5 months to have a gun repaired is just plain stupid.

I have a problem waiting a week.
I've always found a smith to do a repair promptly, defined as a week.

AFS
like I said it was a MG and it went to the top guy in the country known for his expertise in the M11 platform, take that $8,000 gun to local know it all Bob and let him get out his big ass hammer and Lowes file set....F-that...don't care how long it takes. The scope of repair is beyond my 18 yr ability of working on mg's.

coming from someone who is usually 4 to 6 weeks behind, I 'd say your speed gunsmith must not have any work, take that however you wish
In my world we say there are no emergency gunsmith repairs, now something simple like sight install or cleaning, sure a day or two, but thats why others have wait 4 weeks because no one wants to wait 2 weeks for night sights and the other guys keep getting pushed back....I try and a do gun in the same order they are received, that seems to be the fairest way for all, if you're in a hurry, take that shit someplace else or pay me a rush fee and I will stay after hours and do it, oh but they don't wanna pay a rush fee and still wanna bitch, then take your shit someplace else....

let me break it down for you guys who have never been behind the counter in the gun business, customer comes in on a Tuesday, we look at his gun on Thursday ( thats when its his turn ) have to order parts, F-ing Numrich and others have 7-10 day processing time before they ship, now its already 14 days and the part isn't even here, part arrives, but we are bombed with walk-in customers, silencer paperwork and don't get to the gun for a few more days, hence 3+ weeks have now elapsed.....don't even get me started on the guys who want their shit done immediately then let it sit here for 2-3 weeks before they have the funds to come get it.