Carry pistol for wife

Pistols of all descriptions.
chester field

Post by chester field »

The 380 EZ Shield was the one we looked at. It's pretty much the same size as the Bersa, which she is already comfortable with, but wants to go smaller for carry. I think smaller for her will also = smaller caliber. Might also need to say Beretta on it.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Is there any chance at all you could work with your wife and get her comfortable with a subcompact that doesn’t have a de-cocker? (I don’t like that term).
My wife selected a Kimber Micro 9, i worked with her and she knows how to carry it, but it’s a bit snappy for her so...she’ll have to step down to a Micro .380. I’ll carry the 9mm. Win-win.
chester field

Post by chester field »

I'm working on it. Unfortunately all I can show her for a working example is my LCP. She would like something around that size, but with less recoil which is why the P32 came up. I would love to keep her with at least a 380, but she won't carry unless she is comfortable with it, which includes regular range visits with it (which rules out an LCP or other snappy micro 380).
chester field

Post by chester field »

I was hoping that the Kahr CT380 would do the trick (also DAO w/ no external safety), since it falls between the LCP and Bersa in terms of size, weight and recoil, but even that might not do the trick for her. Ideally, if the Bersa was 5oz less with a 3" barrel, she'd be all over it.
dammitgriff wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:32 pm..she’ll have to step down to a Micro .380. I’ll carry the 9mm. Win-win.
Maybe I'll just keep buying her guns I like until we hit one that she likes :lol:
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

I know you already said it, but a wheelgun is the best way to go, and i will explain why here-

one its the only gun you can advance a round with one hand.

two a single and double provides a hammer for weak hands

three - when no go bang pull trigger. see first note.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

A glock 42 may be the ticket, while just a toucher bigger it is pretty soft shooting and accurate.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

HK P2000SK
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Lastrites wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 am A glock 42 may be the ticket, while just a toucher bigger it is pretty soft shooting and accurate.
I've circled that one a few times. For size, weight and recoil, it fits the bill, but I don't think that she can get past the lack of a manual safety on a single action striker.

I need to see what the ranges here have for rentals.

Thanks for the input so far. I appreciate it.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Well you could always add that dingle safety/reholster device made for the slides back plate.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Yeah, the "gadget". Invented for pecker protection during re-holstering AIWB. Aside from her normal dislike of Glock, she would go for the 42 if it had a manual safety on the side. Her perfect CC would be a DASA w/safety decocker, like her full size pistols, to maintain her routine. But no one (to my knowledge) makes one in the size she wants (under a pound loaded, and easier to shoot than an LCP).

So, the candidates are now/still the Keltec P32 or maybe a Kahr CT380. And yeah, no safety on either, but both are DA. The CT is a bit bigger than the CW and a bit better on the recoil. From what I have read, the CT slide is supposed to loosen up a bit after the break in period.

Unfortunately, we have yet to run into someone who has shot the CT 380 with first hand insight.

She was leaning toward the Tomcat, but too many cracked frames out there and issues with slides, depending on the version. And the wide-slide, later version, is hitting a pound loaded (and still having frames crack).

I jokingly complained that this was getting to be like shoe shopping with her.
She suggested moving to an open carry state...