If you were vaccinated for measles in the 1970s and 80s

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ricordo

If you were vaccinated for measles in the 1970s and 80s

Post by Ricordo »

Please be warned.

"TAMPA, Fla. - If you thought you were vaccinated for measles, you may want to double-check.

Doctors say the shot some people got who were born in the 70s and the 80s actually wore off after about 20 years, putting them at risk of contracting the virus.

Unless you work in the healthcare field or attended college in the 90s where it was required, you may not have been informed about. It's not clear how many people may fall in the category, but USF College of Public Health Associate Professor Jill Roberts is one of them and says if you are in the category and want to be protected now, you should get re-vaccinated especially with the outbreak continuing to spread..."
https://www.fox13news.com/news/if-you-w ... ed-doctors
Let's Go Brandon
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

I know how about what we did in the early last century when immigrants wanted to come in, check them out medically and if sick or diseased, send them back.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

And now they are........."newcomers".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rants.html
Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

For many months now, I've been reading in the Fox13 website stories about individuals committing various crimes. DUIs, assaults, homicides. My intuition tells me that most of those individuals are illegal aliens, or as Dems (notice the correct preferred pronoun) call them --- "newcomers".

I can also make an educated guess that the increase in measles cases in Florida can be attributed to such importation. On a similar note, see this: https://www.dailywire.com/news/cruz-med ... rat-voters

Can't be surprised, Dems (notice the correct preferred pronoun) are betting that people don't think of themselves as Dems ( notice the correct preferred pronoun) see them --- cockroaches to be squished on a whim. California, New York, Colorado are prime examples. https://www.dailywire.com/news/denver-g ... ts-payroll

But don't take all that at face value from me.Think...the one thing Dems (notice the correct preferred pronoun) don't want you to do.
Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Please allow me to repeat myself.

It's all concerted.

Tantamount to dropping millions of fake bills into North Vietnam in order to crash its economy. And then some more...
Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Finally had the Seiko repaired that my mum (RIP) gifted to me 28 years ago. At a local Vietnamese jeweler. The 8 marker came unglued and it was stopping intermittently its function.

Remembered my two (2) trips to Vietnam, 1974 and 1975. We had to "move" individuals from the middle of nowhere to somewhere. In one instance, the Lady of the house was grateful and invited us for supper. Yeah, mistake. Time of the essence. Being bottom rung, we were treated to a handful of rice and frog. Now, whenever frog is mentioned people think of frog legs. No, the whole thing.

I didn't have the heart to refuse it or make a face. I just thought that they were generous in sharing what little they had. My heart went out to them.

Btw, tastes like chicken. These days you still find them in a jar at a Vietnamese store.

Very, very happy that my mum's gift was fixed. The Movado moonphase is still in its box.
Let's Go Brandon
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

I got it, or the measles (dad couldn't remember) back in the late 50s or early 60s.
Had a titer done when I worked for Mayo about 20 years ago, was sill good to go.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Uncle Joe's Newcommers have brought to Chicago a measles outbreak.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

My recollection is practically worthless at this time, but what's left of it tells me that I contracted all major diseases as a child (1956-1958?).
Mumps, measles, rubella, whatever.

Can't confirm any of it, all involved that would know are dead (see you later!).
Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Either that or I self-identified as a penguin way back then.

As we all know, penguins don't catch MMR. :D

I did get the polio vaccine. That I'm sure.
Let's Go Brandon