Move over A**hole!!!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
George W

Post by George W »

BerettaRacer wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:56 am
George W wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:16 am
Except for Italy. All driving laws and norms seem to go out the window in Italy. They make the drivers in Miami look tame.
Not long ago I lived in northern Italy for 3 yrs

If you're not used to it it does look like Italians drive crazy in the cities and secondary roads. But they are generally good drivers and you don't see may accidents. Cell phone use during driving, verboten. No one's eating a Big Mac behind the wheel. DUI - Hah, random checkpoints, get busted and your car and everything in it gets confiscated.

On the highways it is quite strick on drive right / pass left.
My time driving in Italy was long ago and in Rome. It was so bad, I turned in my rental car and rented a scooter instead. Somehow, two wheels felt much safer.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Are the police also going to keep right when not passing?
On any multi lane road I've never seen a hiway patrol, Sheriff or local cop in the right lane except for exiting or right turning.
:?
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

P5 Guy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:13 am Are the police also going to keep right when not passing?
On any multi lane road I've never seen a hiway patrol, Sheriff or local cop in the right lane except for exiting or right turning.
If they don't have lights and sirens, they are bound by the same rules we are, aren't they?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Legio wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:36 am
P5 Guy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:13 am Are the police also going to keep right when not passing?
If they don't have lights and sirens, they are bound by the same rules we are, aren't they?
Maybe so, but whose gonna pull them over, & give them a ticket? GARY
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:22 am Maybe so, but whose gonna pull them over, & give them a ticket? GARY
I hear you, but it still remains. Are we talking about people above the laws?
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Since most LE today serve with their hands tied behind their back I will not complain if they don't change lanes enough
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Wulfmann wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:55 pm Since most LE today serve with their hands tied behind their back I will not complain if they don't change lanes enough
I won't either.
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

Wulfmann wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:55 pm Since most LE today serve with their hands tied behind their back I will not complain if they don't change lanes enough
Come on now, to change lanes they need at least one hand free...but I don't expect a turn signal.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I have yet to see Inforced.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.