Open & Campus Carry Bill filed as of Jan 9 at 8:54am

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I need you to take action and fight to make sure these bills pass the Florida House!

Florida’s legislative session started this week, and we have three solid pro-gun bills introduced in the House.

And I need you, Florida’s gun owners, to fight hard and be loud!

HB 17 by Rep. Dr. Joel Rudman repeals Florida’s mandatory waiting periods. If enacted, a gun buyer can take possession of their firearm as soon as the background check is completed. Yes, you read that right — no more waiting to take possession even after the background check is done.

Rep. Rudman’s bill fixes that and goes a step further too. If the FL Dept. of Law Enforcement (FDLE) takes too long and doesn’t complete the background check within three days, the dealer can release the firearm. No more waiting around and having your rights delayed.

HB 1223 by Rep. Bobby Payne restores gun rights for young adults. This bill restores the right to legally purchase a firearm for those who are under 21. Sadly, back in 2018, under the leadership of then Governor Rick Scott, Florida’s Republicans stripped young adults in the state from being able to legally exercise their Second Amendment rights. Again, HB 1223 fixes that and restores their rights.

HB 1619 by Rep. Michael Beltran makes Florida a true Constitutional Carry state. This bill repeals the Open Carry ban and goes a step further; it removes several gun-free zones. These include polling places and college/university campuses. If enacted, Florida would join the 45 states that have adopted Open Carry. Currently, only Florida, California, New York, Illinois, and Connecticut ban it.

In fact, Florida is the only Republican state in the nation to ban Open Carry, ban adults under 21 from being able to purchase firearms, and have mandatory waiting periods for firearm purchases. These three bills fix these issues and bring Florida to the same level playing field as other Republican states.

I need you to contact the House Speaker and Governor and tell them that you will accept nothing less than these bills passing.

It was because of your hard work — not only last year but in years past — that we got permitless carry passed for concealed carriers. And it will be because of your hard work this year that we will get these bills heard and passed.

Please take action and let House Speaker Paul Renner and Governor Ron DeSantis know where you stand on these bills!

In Liberty,

Luis Valdes
Florida State Director
Gun Owners of America

PS – Please share this alert and donate to GOA. Also, click here and read GOA’s latest article in the Orlando Sentinel, where GOA calls out the Republican leadership for the previous failures to advance pro-gun legislation. WUCF-TV/PBS said it best about GOA, we’re the only “no compromise” gun rights organization in Florida.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great job!

Keep up the good fight, and my notice to the Governor is sent as well.

Keep us posted on all items coming up please.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

How can Florida's Republican House Speaker, Rep. Paul Renner, claim to be pro-gun, while stating that HB 1619 (Open Carry) is dead on arrival and he won't advance it?

He claims that since his fellow Republicans in the Senate are against it, he won't waste the House's time advancing the bill since he believes it won't pass the Senate.

Yet, as House Speaker last year, Rep. Renner had no problem allowing Rep. Bobby Payne's bill advance when he knew Senate President Kathleen Passidomo was against it. What was Rep. Payne's bill? It was the bill that would repeal Florida's under 21 purchase ban.

House Speaker Renner had no issue wasting the House's time last year with Rep. Payne's bill. But suddenly, he's conservative and worried about the House's precious time this year.

Sorry, that doesn't fly Mr. Speaker.

Be honest with Florida's gun owners. Let HB 1619 advance in the House! Let the Senate Republicans show their anti-gun colors. Stop covering for 'em. This is an election year, let there be recorded votes on where Republican lawmakers stand on Open Carry.

By smothering the bill, you're protecting their voting records and allowing Republican lawmakers who are anti-gun keep "clean" voting records so they can campaign that they're pro-gun.

FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:38 pm How can Florida's Republican House Speaker, Rep. Paul Renner, claim to be pro-gun, while stating that HB 1619 (Open Carry) is dead on arrival and he won't advance it?

He claims that since his fellow Republicans in the Senate are against it, he won't waste the House's time advancing the bill since he believes it won't pass the Senate.

Yet, as House Speaker last year, Rep. Renner had no problem allowing Rep. Bobby Payne's bill advance when he knew Senate President Kathleen Passidomo was against it. What was Rep. Payne's bill? It was the bill that would repeal Florida's under 21 purchase ban.

House Speaker Renner had no issue wasting the House's time last year with Rep. Payne's bill. But suddenly, he's conservative and worried about the House's precious time this year.

Be honest with Florida's gun owners. Let HB 1619 advance in the House! Let the Senate Republicans show their anti-gun colors. Stop covering for 'em. This is an election year, let there be recorded votes on where Republican lawmakers stand on Open Carry.

By smothering the bill, you're protecting their voting records and allowing Republican lawmakers who are anti-gun keep "clean" voting records so they can campaign that they're pro-gun.

I just saw Jarred's video on this. What's also DOA by this isthe "Red-->Yellow Flag" portion as well. Could that be extracted and put into its own bill and advanced?

In any case, I think it's time we started "primarying" these a$$hats out. We need to find honest conservative candidates who will commit to 2A causes.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

Agree. Is there any movement to clean up or further define the gray area in the so called bumpstock ban. While I don't have a bumpstock, I'm leary about changing out the heavy trigger to a lighter weight trigger in my AR because of the gray area (rate altering) in the law. I'm against any type of gun control and would like our elected Representatives get on board and do what is right and support the 2A bills before them. If not, vote them out.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 am
Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:38 pm How can Florida's Republican House Speaker, Rep. Paul Renner, claim to be pro-gun, while stating that HB 1619 (Open Carry) is dead on arrival and he won't advance it?

I just saw Jarred's video on this. What's also DOA by this isthe "Red-->Yellow Flag" portion as well. Could that be extracted and put into its own bill and advanced?

In any case, I think it's time we started "primarying" these a$$hats out. We need to find honest conservative candidates who will commit to 2A causes.
Unless the bill moves forward, it is dead. It is past filing deadline for new bills.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:20 pm
Unless the bill moves forward, it is dead. It is past filing deadline for new bills.
How convenient!

Then it's time to start primarying these creeps.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:49 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:20 pm
How convenient!

Then it's time to start primarying these creeps.
Who are you primarying? Renner? He doesn't care. He's term limited and after November, he's done.

This is why term limits are dangerous.

You want to go after someone? Go after DeSantis. He promised he would support Open Carry. So far, he's silent.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

This morning on the Bob Rose Show on 97.3-WSKY; I was discussing Florida's Republican House Speaker, Paul Renner killing the Open Carry bill (HB 1619), while he claims he's pro-gun.

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/bob-rose ... ISSP6atyBs
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Not RINOs, moles.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.