Barrel cut and thread west palm

Cubanstang50

Barrel cut and thread west palm

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I just bought a marlin 45-70 1895, 22". Got it at a crackhead price :lol: I have a local fabricator that can cut and thread it. The dilemma is that i have to mail him the rifle. I am trying to avoid this as its local. Is there anyone else in town that i can just do a walk in and drop off?
TACC

Post by TACC »

I understand your hesitation, but I have not found anyone around here that I can trust to do this.

I sent my other hunting rifles to Thunderbeast(suppressor mfg), and LRI.

Both only took me 2 weeks and about $125 to get done, correctly!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Maybe try BSD Fabrication and Works in Lake Worth?

https://bsdfabworkx.com/
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

TACC wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:59 am I understand your hesitation, but I have not found anyone around here that I can trust to do this.

I sent my other hunting rifles to Thunderbeast(suppressor mfg), and LRI.

Both only took me 2 weeks and about $125 to get done, correctly!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thankyou for that. I was looking through some old paperwork i got and found TMI, Thorsen Machining Inc. They did a shotgun for me years ago and did a great job. They are on jog road and southern in the industrial place there on the west side. I just called him up and and will be taking it to him today.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Villafuego wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:34 am Maybe try BSD Fabrication and Works in Lake Worth?

https://bsdfabworkx.com/
That is who i was gonna go with. But i dont want to ship.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:59 am
Thankyou for that. I was looking through some old paperwork i got and found TMI, Thorsen Machining Inc. They did a shotgun for me years ago and did a great job. They are on jog road and southern in the industrial place there on the west side. I just called him up and and will be taking it to him today.
What did it set you back and how did it come out? I have a few I'd like to thread as well.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

It was 190 to chop and thread to 5/8-24. I didnt do the front sight post as i added a red dot. But have it for the future if i want to added again. If you send me a pm i can send you a picture to your cell. It was 2 weeks turn around.
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

That ammo is expensive but should drop hogs like nothing! Lots of lead, lots of lead.
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**