President Trump should refuse bond

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Ricordo

President Trump should refuse bond

Post by Ricordo »

Bold idea. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

"Radio host Dan Bongino said on Wednesday that former President Donald Trump should refuse to post bond when he surrenders to Fulton County, Georgia, authorities. Instead, he said that Trump should force District Attorney Fani Willis’ hand and make her put him in jail.

Bongino, who previously served in the NYPD and the United States Secret Service, made the comments during his show and argued that “crazy times” called for “different, crazy, bold approaches.” https://www.dailywire.com/news/former-s ... o-jail-him

Of course, it would work better if he announces his intent before the hearing. Basically force the hack Willis to agree on ROR (released on own recognizance).

Let's Go Brandon
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

That's all easily said, but it's all hot air. It's like the people that said he should refuse to leave the Oval Office after he lost the election - because somehow the sight of a former President getting forcibly removed, and possibly arrested was supposed to show dignity and strength somehow. Not that Trump ever cared about dignity, but even he knew that wouldn't be a good idea.

I don't know if the left really realizes just how much they've hurt our institutions with their actions. If it weren't bad enough that they actually did this, they actually proceeded to "leak" the mugshot around like some type of victory lap (and BTW, the fact that the photo got leaked to CNN within hours should tell anyone everything they need to know about media collusion). They've crossed the Rubicon here, and there's no going back. They talk a good deal about how when Trump kept saying "lock her up" it was somehow outrageous, but when it came time, he never even tried to do this (personally I don't think he really meant it anyway). Now, they've gone and actually attempted to do this and that's a bell that can't be un-rung. I'd expect the next time they're out of power that their people would end up getting perp walked with their mug shots passed around for amusement. Joe might be too old to care since he might not make it that far, but Hunter certainly shouldn't be happy about this. Neither should Shumer, Hillary or even Al Gore. And we know that now everyone will be trying to investigate all their political opponents. This is truly disgraceful.
My posts kill threads.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

cvasqu03 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:15 am I'd expect the next time they're out of power that their people would end up getting perp walked with their mug shots passed around for amusement.
No, that'll never happen. It would mean the Republicans would have to grow some balls.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

A friend of mine told me decades ago that everybody, at one time or another, had broken at least one Federal law. Let me put it this way, there's a bunch of stuff in the 53 Titles of the US Code.

And now, the Dems are trying to criminalize political speech and beliefs. The similarities with the Gore cases are not coincidence. It's the new, "progressive" version of the Golden Rule.

A new and improved sequel coming soon to a theatre near you...
https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-to ... ody-get-it
Let's Go Brandon
Lance C

Post by Lance C »

As I understand it, mug shots are in the public domain, just like court transcripts. There's no need to "leak" them.
What if the 2020 election was rigged or stolen? Seriously? Not only is there zero evidence it was, Trump's own people told him it wasn't.