What the hell happened to DeSantis?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

DeSantis is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He can use the bully pulpit and slam the legislature. But then the legislature will pass nothing that he wants. It is a game of quid pro quo. He has to be friendly with them or they do nothing and make him look like shit. The average voter thinks the Governor is king and can wave a magic wand to get shit done. That is not the case, the Legislature holds the power, but no one focuses on the lawmakers. The Legislature knows this and holds it over him.

When I got DeSantis on record about Open Carry for example and he admitted that he supports it, but the Legislature doesn't. That caused a huge kerfuffle behind the scenes in Tallahassee. The Governor's Office was not happy with me airing that bit of dirty laundry and neither was the Legislature. Both hated the fact that I showed how Tallahassee really works.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
underground357

Post by underground357 »

He is finished and doesn’t know it.
TACC

Post by TACC »

I agree, he figures what the hell though he has plenty of money that ain't his to spend and have some fun

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lance C

Post by Lance C »

He stuck his nose into how schools are run and comes across as a gay-bashing hater. Teachers can't stand him and are leaving the state or the profession in droves. He jumped on the Christian-Nationalist bandwagon which has alienated a lot of folks.
He's his own worst enemy.
Casual

Post by Casual »

Lance C wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:43 pm He stuck his nose into how schools are run and comes across as a gay-bashing hater. Teachers can't stand him and are leaving the state or the profession in droves. He jumped on the Christian-Nationalist bandwagon which has alienated a lot of folks.
The more any politician firmly picks a side, the more they alienate.. naturally... that's why most politicians can't give a straight answer
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Lance C wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:43 pm He stuck his nose into how schools are run and comes across as a gay-bashing hater. Teachers can't stand him and are leaving the state or the profession in droves. He jumped on the Christian-Nationalist bandwagon which has alienated a lot of folks.
Yes that is how the left twisted his stance on schools (don't say gay) even though THAT was never mentioned.
He wants to keep our kids safe from the perverted types and I applaud him.
As mentioned, when you take an ACTUAL stance on something there will be many that won't agree.
How may politicians have his kind of balls?
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Fuck all that nonsense - he needs to stay our Governor for his full term.

Oh, and remember....

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
tector

Post by tector »

This dropped on Ann Coulter's podcast site this afternoon--thought it was pretty good. Beats regurgitating MSM talking points.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/17058220/ ... desantis-r
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I think his campaign strategist thought that playing the waiting game until Trump to get charged by ALL the authorities that were expected to do so was smart. Unfortunately, that's taken his name too much out of the spotlight.
Lance C

Post by Lance C »

It looks to me like DeSantis made the decision to align with the Christian Nationalist whackos and the no-abortion-under-any circumstances fanatics with a great big helping of homophobe book banning thrown in just for fun.
Hey, let's alienate 2/3 of the voters! Let's piss off the teachers, including all the retired teachers and their families! We don't need no stinkin' teachers!
A perfect formula for political success!