Requesting info on Central FL gun shows

cvasqu03

Requesting info on Central FL gun shows

Post by cvasqu03 »

After doing some travel for work last week I was checking over my leave balances and it looks like I'm going to be forced to take a bit over 40 hours of annual leave before the end of the year (use or lose). I'm not good at taking vacation (hence why I've accumulated so much leave) so I was thinking of maybe heading out to Central Florida for a few days, and wanted to see if I can schedule it around a good gun show.

My question is, what is the biggest/best show in the Orlando/Central Florida area? I'd hate to waste a trip on one of these little shows unless you guys think it's particularly good. I tend to like looking through used guns and parts tables, so if there's a small show that fits that I may be amenable, but I usually prefer larger shows as there's more to look through.

So, central Florida guys, what advice do you have for me?
My posts kill threads.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club shows have always been my favorite.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

flcracker wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:42 am Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club shows have always been my favorite.
Excellent! Thanks, that looks like just what I'm looking for, and it's far enough away I can plan out a trip.

I'd still like to hear from others if there are any other opinions.
My posts kill threads.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Only one left worth it IMO (Lakeland R/P club show).
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

45caldan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:38 am Only one left worth it IMO (Lakeland R/P club show).
Thanks, since the next one is Sept 16-17, I was thinking of heading there that week. As it happens, my dad who's been in the Caribbean for several years finally came back to S. Florida for a job and then suddenly got laid off. :x Fortunately a company from Sanford had been trying to recruit him since they heard he was back in Florida so he took them up on the offer and I drove him up there last week. So now I have an extra incentive to make the trip. Depending on whether he has a place yet, I may even be able to stay with him.
My posts kill threads.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

I believe there is one this weekend (1/13-14/24) at the Central FL Fairgrounds.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

cal45 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:20 pm I believe there is one this weekend (1/13-14/24) at the Central FL Fairgrounds.
Actually, it looks like it's next week. My plans to make it to the last one got torpedoed at the last minute so I wish I'd known about this one earlier so I could have planned it out a bit. I may still try to make it though.

For anyone interested, here's the link:

https://www.lakelandgunshow.com/
My posts kill threads.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

cvasqu03 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:56 am
cal45 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:20 pm I believe there is one this weekend (1/13-14/24) at the Central FL Fairgrounds.
Actually, it looks like it's next week. My plans to make it to the last one got torpedoed at the last minute so I wish I'd known about this one earlier so I could have planned it out a bit. I may still try to make it though.

For anyone interested, here's the link:

https://www.lakelandgunshow.com/
I actually wasn't referring to the Lakeland Show, the one this weekend 1/13-14 at the Central FL Fairgrounds looks to be the one that Shoot Straight runs.