Gunshow find for S. FL Makarov lovers

Pistols of all descriptions.
cvasqu03

Gunshow find for S. FL Makarov lovers

Post by cvasqu03 »

I just thought I'd drop this info in case anyone is interested. I was at the gun show in Tamiami park today and there was one table that had three Makarov pistols for sale in their used guns table. Nothing too strange about that except that the three consisted of one Bulgarian, one Chinese and one German. If you're looking to complete your collection you could get all your missing pieces right there. The bad part is that they were all at over $700 :shock:

That being said, the dealer may be willing to cut you a deal if you opted to take all three of them. I might have tried this myself except I really shouldn't be spending too much right now. I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the dealer but when you go in and you see the Shoot Straight tables on the right, this dealer is somewhat to the left of them. Really, there weren't that many dealers with used guns unfortunately so just look around, I'm sure you'll spot them (if they still have the pistols).
My posts kill threads.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Wow, that's pretty nuts price wise.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Wakko wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:20 pm Wow, that's pretty nuts price wise.
Agreed, but unfortunately not too far off from the going price for the Chinese and German ones (not too sure about the other one). I was particularly surprised to see the Chinese one as those have become exceedingly rare. It's kind of funny actually, the German ones are expensive because they're generally considered the best ones, while the Chinese ones, which are generally considered the worst are also expensive but due to their rarity.

Like I said, it was too rich for my blood, but I thought someone here might at least appreciate the heads up.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

cvasqu03 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:06 pm
Wakko wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:20 pm Wow, that's pretty nuts price wise.
Agreed, but unfortunately not too far off from the going price for the Chinese and German ones (not too sure about the other one). I was particularly surprised to see the Chinese one as those have become exceedingly rare. It's kind of funny actually, the German ones are expensive because they're generally considered the best ones, while the Chinese ones, which are generally considered the worst are also expensive but due to their rarity.

Like I said, it was too rich for my blood, but I thought someone here might at least appreciate the heads up.
Same here--I saw them, and was pretty surprised to see the Norinco. But I had already purchased another gun so even a negotiated price reduction was out of my budget for the show.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Makarov I found three online East German Makarov 749.99, Makarov Bulgarian 658.00 and Makarov Bulgarian 599.99.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

lakelandman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:15 pm Makarov I found three online East German Makarov 749.99, Makarov Bulgarian 658.00 and Makarov Bulgarian 599.99.
Sounds about right. I guess if someone had been willing to make an offer, they might not have been too far off.

I wonder if they'll still be there for the show in May. I was looking around for that dealer I saw last month that was selling my old Llama 45, but he wasn't at this show. I'd been the original owner of that one and sold it about four years ago so it was curious to see it for sale again at the table of a different dealer than the one I sold it to. You never know how some of these guns get around.

I'll check next show to see if they still have the Makarovs in case anyone is interested.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

I thought the Miami show was pretty good this past weekend. I finally got a S&W CSX (from SS) and my friend traded in his Ranch Rifle for a Mini-30. Putting aside a few massive collector's show (like Tulsa), gun shows nowadays are not overflowing with interesting used guns, but there were enough at this show (like the guns that started this thread) to spice up things a bit. I'll be back in May, too.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Fwiw, you gentlemen down in Miami might want to keep an eye out for a Makarov made in Cuba. No "Made in Cuba" mark, only a serial number. Janes reported their existence years ago.

Back in the late 90s, I was told that there were two (2) exemplars down there in Miami. How they got them out, I have an idea.
Let's Go Brandon
tector

Post by tector »

Ricordo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:51 pm Fwiw, you gentlemen down in Miami might want to keep an eye out for a Makarov made in Cuba. No "Made in Cuba" mark, only a serial number. Janes reported their existence years ago.

Back in the late 90s, I was told that there were two (2) exemplars down there in Miami. How they got them out, I have an idea.
Would they be considered "contraband?"
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

tector wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:14 pm
Ricordo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:51 pm Fwiw, you gentlemen down in Miami might want to keep an eye out for a Makarov made in Cuba. No "Made in Cuba" mark, only a serial number. Janes reported their existence years ago.

Would they be considered "contraband?"
They were definitely contraband when they were "imported". :D

The only stamp/mark on them is the serial number. IIRC, in the frame.

Manufactured at the Ignacio Agramonte factory in Camaguey, Cuba. In .380 and 9x18. 8-)
Let's Go Brandon