Hello from Englewood (by way of Hickory, NC)

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
flanc

Hello from Englewood (by way of Hickory, NC)

Post by flanc »

Hello!

New member here and although my family (on both parent’s sides) are from FL (my Mom’s side settled in Punta Gorda in the 40’s; and, my Dads mom was raised on and can trace her roots in the Keys back to before FL was even a state!), I am wintering close to Sarasota Trap Skeet & Clays from my lake house in Western Carolina. (Thus the handle “fla” and “nc”)

Currently, I shoot a lot of sporting and 5-stand here in FL, followed by skeet and trap; and, in WNC I compete in action pistol a couple times a month. I was competing in highpower rifle and may take that back up again once a month.

I spent decades shooting Bullseye (and PPC) and made it to Camp Perry more than once and since I am still sitting on safe shelves of precision pistols I had dreams of making it up to Wyoming Antelope Club in Tampa on some weekends but alas, the traffic congestion and one-way drive distance is too much. So, I am enjoying smacking clays at Sarasota and the Bermont Shooting Club in Punta Gorda (turns out I have a cousin who used to be the resident manager of the Boy Scout ranch near there, also on Bermont Road!)

A staunch advocate of the Second Amendment I am already active on the CarolinaFirearmsForums, MDShooters.com and ShotgunWorld.com but, I am joining The Network here in the hopes of not only tuning into the pro-2A community here as well as possibly meeting up with any other sporting / 5-stand shooters at Sarasota.

When not shooting or enjoying the local life with my wife and dog I currently spend my time monitoring progress of all the different lawsuits against the ATF … particularly the suits involving pistol braces :|
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

flanc wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:23 am Hello!

New member here and although my family (on both parent’s sides) are from FL (my Mom’s side settled in Punta Gorda in the 40’s; and, my Dads mom was raised on and can trace her roots in the Keys back to before FL was even a state!), I am wintering close to Sarasota Trap Skeet & Clays from my lake house in Western Carolina. (Thus the handle “fla” and “nc”)

Currently, I shoot a lot of sporting and 5-stand here in FL, followed by skeet and trap; and, in WNC I compete in action pistol a couple times a month. I was competing in highpower rifle and may take that back up again once a month.

I spent decades shooting Bullseye (and PPC) and made it to Camp Perry more than once and since I am still sitting on safe shelves of precision pistols I had dreams of making it up to Wyoming Antelope Club in Tampa on some weekends but alas, the traffic congestion and one-way drive distance is too much. So, I am enjoying smacking clays at Sarasota and the Bermont Shooting Club in Punta Gorda (turns out I have a cousin who used to be the resident manager of the Boy Scout ranch near there, also on Bermont Road!)

A staunch advocate of the Second Amendment I am already active on the CarolinaFirearmsForums, MDShooters.com and ShotgunWorld.com but, I am joining The Network here in the hopes of not only tuning into the pro-2A community here as well as possibly meeting up with any other sporting / 5-stand shooters at Sarasota.

When not shooting or enjoying the local life with my wife and dog I currently spend my time monitoring progress of all the different lawsuits against the ATF … particularly the suits involving pistol braces :|
Welcome from Welsey Chapel, FL! Just to confirm, you are referring to "Englewood" Florida, correct (I grew up in Englewood, NJ)?
flanc

Post by flanc »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:40 pm Welcome from Welsey Chapel, FL! Just to confirm, you are referring to "Englewood" Florida, correct (I grew up in Englewood, NJ)?
LOL, yes, Englewood FL!