SCCY DVG-1

Pistols of all descriptions.
Ricordo

SCCY DVG-1

Post by Ricordo »

Acting on a whim, about three (3) months ago I purchased one. I was explicitly looking for a striker-fired, low weight, 10-round capacity pistol. It arrived dry as bone, a two-tone that cosmetically looked perfect. I followed SCCY's clean and lube instructions, with slight variations, to get it ready. Clenzoil hinge pin jelly in the front of the underside of the slide and on the barrel and the edge of the rail. Breakfree CLP on the trigger and sear area. Hoppe's #9 oil on the RSA, on the striker block, and on the slide lock. Slip 2000 on the receiver rails.

It seems that the main problem with this pistol is with the magazines. From what I've read, the ProMags work better than the originals. And so it is with my originals, they do not lock back. It is clear that the follower does not engage the slide lock as it should. Called SCCY and they are sending me two (2) replacements, no need to send the originals back. Mind you, the original mags feed fine, no misfires, no misfeeds.

So I tinker with the originals and find something that might seem counter-intuitive. After trying some common "fixes", it all boiled down to a couple of things. One, bend very slightly upward the top coil of the mag spring and rotate 180 degrees the mag plate insert. Voila! Follower pushes up and engages the slide lock. However, to make certain I ordered a couple of Lakeline's 10%+ Sig P365 magazine springs that should give it an added push. Should be getting them today.

If push comes to shove, I'd say that rotating the mag plate insert did the trick. Gut feeling told me that that might work. Can't say why, it just did.

Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Replacement mags and Lakeline 10%+ springs arrived today. New mags lock back, it was tougher loading them than the originals with the 10%+. But for that, there's no discernible physical difference between the mags. Fwiw, the Sig P365 10-round mag is shorter than the SCCY's.

All loaded up, will wait until tomorrow to see how much the springs compress and see if they will lock back then. Then to the range. SFSG, good to see that SCCY thought there was an issue with the strength of the mag springs.
Let's Go Brandon
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Nice hope it a good day at the range.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Thank you, Sir.

But the replacement mags do not lock back after roughly 20 hours of the mag being fully loaded. And by manually unloading them, after extracting 4 or 5, the common(?) "rounds don't feed" issue emerged. However, the original mags with the Lakeline 10%+ worked fine. So basically, it's the 10%+ and rotating the mag plate insert (rounded edge to the back, straight edge to the front) 180 degrees. Will order a couple more Lakeline's and then off to the range.

Fwiw, not bad for a $176.00 + pistol. Sure, a Hi-Point will probably not have such mag problems, but it did not have the specs I was looking for.
Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

It works. The trick is the 10%+ P365 mag springs and, although counter-intuitive, rotating the mag plate insert.

Fwiw, the original SCCY DVG-1 mag springs are trash. Unless you want to live on the edge. Mine are now resting in a landfill somewhere in Pasco County.
Let's Go Brandon