Is it too much to ask?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
TACC

Is it too much to ask?

Post by TACC »

I have sent my representatives numerous emails in the last week.

The only one that has bothered to reply has been Marco Rubio.

And he replied 3 times with the same damn pre written bullshit letter.

They can't even be bothered to mix if up a little bit.

And people wonder why they feel that the politicians don't listen or even give a damn what the constituents are taking an interest in.

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding the Second Amendment. Understanding your views helps me to better represent Florida in the United States Senate, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.
     The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” That is why I have always supported the right of law-abiding Americans to bear arms to protect themselves and their families. All too often, we see politicians exploit tragedies to erode that constitutionally protected right. Not only do those proposals usually violate the Constitution, they also fail to address the real issues. I am committed to working with my colleagues in the Senate to keep our schools and communities safe in a way that does not infringe on the Second Amendment.  
     Congress came together in a bipartisan manner to make our schools safer in 2018 after the Valentine’s Day massacre of 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. My bipartisan Student, Teachers and Officers Preventing (STOP) School Violence Act became law just five weeks later. We were also able to improve the National Instant Criminal Background Check System by passing the Fix NICS Act (Public Law 115-141).      
     Often, the media and politicians would have you believe that violating the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners is the only way to prevent future tragedies. However, law-abiding citizens are not the problem. Instead, we must be proactive in utilizing a multi-pronged approach to identify and stop threats.   
     That is why, after the Parkland tragedy, I met with the families and friends of those who lost loved ones. I met with school resource experts, and convened a roundtable discussion of what can be done to prevent future tragedies from happening. I then led a bipartisan group of members of Congress in calling for the Trump Administration to create a federal clearinghouse on best practices for school safety with actionable recommendations. In answering those calls, SchoolSafety.gov launched in March 2020. I also introduced the Luke and Alex School Safety Act of 2021 (S. 111) to codify that clearinghouse on best practices to improve school security permanently.
     On June 25, 2022, President Biden signed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (Public Law 117-159), which included the Luke and Alex School Safety Act of 2021, into law. While that will make a real difference, the rest of the new law did not include necessary protections for law-abiding gun owners. I promised the people of Florida I would do everything I could to keep our schools and communities safe while also protecting their Second Amendment rights, and this new law failed that test.
     I will always fight to make Florida, its communities, and its schools safer, and I am confident we can do so in a bipartisan way that does not infringe on the rights of individuals as guaranteed by the Second Amendment. 
     It is an honor and a privilege to serve as your United States Senator. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I consider these issues and continue working to ensure America remains a safe and prosperous nation.
Sincerely,
[https://ecp]
Marco Rubio
U.S. Senator 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk