More good news.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
N4KVE

More good news.

Post by N4KVE »

With all the bad news we read, here’s some good. Remember the question on the 4473 about being addicted to marijuana? Here’s what happened. GARY

https://www.foxnews.com/us/marijuana-us ... udge-rules
tector

Post by tector »

It's a start.

Trump should have pushed to deschedule weed at the Federal level. It could have been his "Nixon to China" moment. But he's a fucking idiot, of course.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Gregmp15

Post by Gregmp15 »

I’ll smoke to that!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:10 pm It's a start.

Trump should have pushed to deschedule weed at the Federal level. It could have been his "Nixon to China" moment. But he's a fucking idiot, of course.
He wouldn't. He's totally anti-drug, This, after his older brother Fred Jr. OD'ed and died due to drugs. If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't even drink, either. Furthermore, I think anyone attempting to deschedule weed (certainly at the Federal level) would get all kinds of push back from the "alphabet" agencies, who oppose it vigorously (read: the DEA and ATF). Considering how many agents were lost in the "drug wars," etc. legalizing/descheduling weed would be a total "concession of defeat" for them. They ain't gonna let that happen.
tector

Post by tector »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:23 pm
tector wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:10 pm It's a start.

He wouldn't. He's totally anti-drug, This, after his older brother Fred Jr. OD'ed and died due to drugs. If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't even drink, either. Furthermore, I think anyone attempting to deschedule weed (certainly at the Federal level) would get all kinds of push back from the "alphabet" agencies, who oppose it vigorously (read: the DEA and ATF). Considering how many agents were lost in the "drug wars," etc. legalizing/descheduling weed would be a total "concession of defeat" for them. They ain't gonna let that happen.
As a practical matter the states (including FL under DeSantis) have abrogated all that, so tough fuck for them already. The only everyday people getting fucked over by the federal stance now are gun owners. As the universe of MM users contains a LOT of vets with PTSD and physical ailments, it is particularly disgusting. I personally don't care who croaked from what in Trump's family, however I wish he would join them ASAP. He's a menace to all kinds of advancement.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

I fail to understand any bans against people harming themselves. The only drug I can see being banned is Narcan.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

George W wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:24 pm I fail to understand any bans against people harming themselves. The only drug I can see being banned is Narcan.
Trust me, Narcan is just as dangerous. If you give too much of it or too quickly, prepare for that patient to "HURL/BARF/PUKE" all over the place. When I was a PIT, we were always instructed to be ready to roll them over on their side, as they will hurl. The objective being, to keep them from choking on their own barf.

Narcan, of course, being part of the "Bellevue Cocktail" when finding someone "unconscious of unknown origin."