New Florida bill introduced today.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
N4KVE

New Florida bill introduced today.

Post by N4KVE »

This bill was introduced today. Let’s see what happens. GARY.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-bill ... ty-country
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

But if we want to buy a firearm, & take it home today, we’ll still need the permit. GARY.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:24 pm But if we want to buy a firearm, & take it home today, we’ll still need the permit. GARY.
Correct, also, how is it Constitutional if the state still bans a method of carry?

The Second Amendment doesn't state you have the "right to keep and bear arms, as long as they're concealed."

It says, you have "the right to keep and bear arms."
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

So is this the "Olive branch" or anti gun compromise that will be the watered down version these so called republican politicians are going to put forward?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:31 pm
N4KVE wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:24 pm But if we want to buy a firearm, & take it home today, we’ll still need the permit. GARY.
Correct, also, how is it Constitutional if the state still bans a method of carry?

The Second Amendment doesn't state you have the "right to keep and bear arms, as long as they're concealed."

Even if open carry was legal tomorrow, I wouldn’t. I prefer the element of surprise. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:29 pm

Even if open carry was legal tomorrow, I wouldn’t. I prefer the element of surprise. GARY.
This is a complete non sequitur. What does your personal preference have to do with the rights of others?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 pm This is a complete non sequitur. What does your personal preference have to do with the rights of others?
The FLCOC doesn't think that tourists will still come to Florida if they see people carrying guns openly. Those that don't support the full exercising of rights for everyone make about as much sense. People will come and those that don't support the option to open carry are just as tyrannical.

Sure, some dipshits will open carry their beat up old 1911 in an Uncle Mike's holster while sporting a 16 inch Bowie knife. I think most people in Florida want open carry is because it is so damned hot. Dressing to conceal and not get a heat stroke is a bitch.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tector wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 pm
N4KVE wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:29 pm

This is a complete non sequitur. What does your personal preference have to do with the rights of others?
Just voicing my opinion, but please feel free to display your weapon to the world should the law pass. GARY.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Another news piece on it

CCRKBA Rips Florida Anti-Gunners For Constitutional Carry “Hysteria”

By Brian Burns, 2 hrs ago

[https://img]

The Free Press - TFP

Follow

[https://img]TFP FILE PHOTO
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today accused anti-gunners in Florida of “once again promoting hysteria” at the announcement of “Constitutional Carry” legislation, which would allow law-abiding Sunshine State residents to carry firearms for personal protection without having to obtain a license from the state.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk