Get ready for possible disappointment in FL with Constitutional Carry.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tcpip95 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:48 pm No true good guy with a gun wants to ever have to use it. There's no argument there.

OK, the guy did not get a literal, LEGAL death penalty. However, he did pay the penalty for using a firearm in a crime, and it caused his death. Semantics.
But very important Semantics.... Words matter. As long as the State didn't do it via the justice system, it ain't the death penalty.
tcpip95 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:48 pmApply that reasoning to the law. If you send them away for 10-20 years, they're probably going to get parole after 5 and be back out on the streets doing it all again. That doesn't fix the problem.
Not necessarily. If they get "Life without Parole," I expect them not to be released... ever. Not unless some new evidence or a technicality or whatever causes the conviction to be overturned and sentence vacated. If all they get is 10-20 years (with the chance for early "parole" release), then that's the established punishment for the crime. If that's unacceptable, then you work with the legislature to bump up the penalties. Or, like my former state, the PRNJ. they designate a given crime (and in the PRNJ, Crime = Felony) as being of a certain "degree." For example, "Homicide" is the general crime that has different degrees. "Criminally Negligent Homicide" is a crime of the 3rd Degree. This is like vehicular homicide or careless behavior resulting in death. Manslaughter is a crime of the 2nd degree, and Murder is a crime of the 1st degree. There are, actually, 4 degrees, and the only crime I know of that spreads to all 4 degrees is Sexual Assault. The degree system is done in order to facilitate sentencing guidelines. 4th Degree = 18 mos, 3rd degree is 3-5 years, 2nd is 5-10 and 1st degree is 10-20. All except for Murder, which has its own guideline... 30 years to life without parole. So they go through all the crimes and decide to which degree the given crime belongs in order to arrive at the appropriate sentencing guidelines. If you believe sentences are too lenient, then get with the legislature to get them changed. Of course, you're already dealing with overcrowded prisons, so....
tcpip95 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:48 pmI will make a slight modification. Make the law very specific, and clearly define the circumstances. IF YOU ARE A CONVICTED FELON who is found to be in possession of a firearm when you commit a crime (there is the LAW part of it), and are found guilty by a jury of your peers (this is the ORDER part of it) you will receive the death penalty (the is the State Corrections Dept).
Sorry... the death penalty, to have any kind of meaning, should be reserved for the worst of the worst crimes and circumstances, as per the above posts. Murder (with aggravating factors), Child Molestation, etc..
tcpip95 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:48 pmSend the message to all the street thugs that if they continue in their ways, the state of Florida will make them room temperature.
I get it. I really get what you're saying. But I don't think that "street thugs" should have their lives forfeited. Maybe "forfeited" in the sense of Life without parole at some kind of "Devil's Island" type prison, but not the actual forfeiture of life.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tcpip95 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:48 pm No true good guy with a gun wants to ever have to use it. There's no argument there.

OK, the guy did not get a literal, LEGAL death penalty. However, he did pay the penalty for using a firearm in a crime, and it caused his death. Semantics.

Apply that reasoning to the law. If you send them away for 10-20 years, they're probably going to get parole after 5 and be back out on the streets doing it all again. That doesn't fix the problem.

I will make a slight modification. Make the law very specific, and clearly define the circumstances. IF YOU ARE A CONVICTED FELON who is found to be in possession of a firearm when you commit a crime (there is the LAW part of it), and are found guilty by a jury of your peers (this is the ORDER part of it) you will receive the death penalty (the is the State Corrections Dept).

Send the message to all the street thugs that if they continue in their ways, the state of Florida will make them room temperature.
Be careful what you wish for.

You can be convicted of a felony for being a sole proprietorship handyman business and not having an exemption filed with the state for worker's compensation insurance for yourself.

And if your spouse/ex claims you threatened her with a firearm, even though you didn't. You're getting arrested for DV. Your word against hers.

Good luck.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

When are the brace lawsuits going to be filed?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:21 pm Be careful what you wish for.

You can be convicted of a felony for being a sole proprietorship handyman business and not having an exemption filed with the state for worker's compensation insurance for yourself.
I am a sole proprietor, now. The above applies only if you hire 3 or more "employees," excluding yourself. Otherwise, as a sole proprietor, you are not eligible to apply for the exemption. You have to be an LLC or a coporation (C-Corp or S-Corp) to apply for it.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:13 pm

I am a sole proprietor, now. The above applies only if you hire 3 or more "employees," excluding yourself. Otherwise, as a sole proprietor, you are not eligible to apply for the exemption. You have to be an LLC or a coporation (C-Corp or S-Corp) to apply for it.
Are you construction related?
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Last edited by Miami_JBT on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:09 pm

No. Non-construction. And the reply I got from the Worker's Comp Service office (I guess they went "woke" also... no longer "Workman's Comp") stated:

Sole proprietors are not eligible for an exemption. You must either have an LLC or a corporation to be eligible. To read the Division's Educational Information Letter for Sole Proprietors and Partners engaged in the Non-Construction Industry, please click the below link. The purpose of this letter is to assist and educate the public who may consider doing business with sole proprietors and partners engaged in the non-construction industry.

MyFloridacfo.com Article on Sole Proprietorship

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:18 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:09 pm

No. Non-construction. And the reply I got from the Worker's Comp Service office (I guess they went "woke" also... no longer "Workman's Comp") stated:

Sole proprietors are not eligible for an exemption. You must either have an LLC or a corporation to be eligible. To read the Division's Educational Information Letter for Sole Proprietors and Partners engaged in the Non-Construction Industry, please click the below link. The purpose of this letter is to assist and educate the public who may consider doing business with sole proprietors and partners engaged in the non-construction industry.

MyFloridacfo.com Article on Sole Proprietorship

On construction is 3 or more. Construction (ie, a handyman) is themselves.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

One of FL's Top Anti-Gun Democrat in the Legislature gave a play by play report of Republicans and the bill being admonished by Gun Owners wanting a true Constitutional Carry bill.

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Direct Mailer Campaign is live. Sent these to registered voters listed addressed in the House Speaker's and Senate President's districts.

Yup, registered Republican voters in their districts are getting these in their physical mailboxes.