Get ready for possible disappointment in FL with Constitutional Carry.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great point Tector.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

George W wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:54 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:49 pm
Claiming that the elites control the everything doesn't do anything. GET INVOLVED.
To claim the groups I listed do not control what legislation lives or dies in the Florida Legislature is to be naïve.
It is naive to basically type angrily into the internet and say "well, these groups control everything, fuck it, I'm not doing anything."

Texas had a very similar situation as FL. Anti-Gun Republican Supermajority that killed pro-gun bills year after year. Now, they have Constitutional Carry, Open Carry, NFA Nullification, and Second Amendment Protection Act in place. Their AG stopped defending their Under 21 Carry Ban.

Why? Because gun owners there got off their ass and got involved.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
George W

Post by George W »

Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:59 pm It is naive to basically type angrily into the internet and say "well, these groups control everything, fuck it, I'm not doing anything."

Texas had a very similar situation as FL. Anti-Gun Republican Supermajority that killed pro-gun bills year after year. Now, they have Constitutional Carry, Open Carry, NFA Nullification, and Second Amendment Protection Act in place. Their AG stopped defending their Under 21 Carry Ban.

That isn't what I said at all, but okay. I will break it down where even you may get it...... Begging and pleading with pols to get your way is little more than putting on a show for fundraising. Individual lawmakers' time in state politics is short. They whore themselves fast and often before moving on or up, giving individuals little sway on them. Go after their masters. Expose and embarrass them where needed, make allies of them whenever possible. Has anyone here had a conversation with a PAO or CEO of a member corp. in the FRF asking why they support the suppression of rights? I have. Have you put your job on the line questioning why your employer pushed anti gun lobbying at a meeting of the Florida Chamber of Commerce? Yep got the written counseling in my HR file.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

George W wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:23 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:59 pm It is naive to basically type angrily into the internet and say "well, these groups control everything, fuck it, I'm not doing anything."

That isn't what I said at all, but okay. I will break it down where even you may get it...... Begging and pleading with pols to get your way is little more than putting on a show for fundraising. Individual lawmakers' time in state politics is short. They whore themselves fast and often before moving on or up, giving individuals little sway on them. Go after their masters. Expose and embarrass them where needed, make allies of them whenever possible. Has anyone here had a conversation with a PAO or CEO of a member corp. in the FRF asking why they support the suppression of rights? I have. Have you put your job on the line questioning why your employer pushed anti gun lobbying at a meeting of the Florida Chamber of Commerce? Yep got the written counseling in my HR file.
I stood before the State Senate during Parkland and testified against gun control as a cop. I'm not a cop anymore.... do the math on that.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

NAGR just sent out an alert. They're just the Senate President and House Speaker. Our alert (GOA) is the entire Legislature along with the Governor and Lt. Governor.

The more the merrier I say.

GOA and NAGR putting pressure on lawmakers for a full Constitutional Carry bill is a good thing.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Open carry is the worst idea.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:20 pm Open carry is the worst idea.
Agreed. Better no one knows what you got. GARY.
George W

Post by George W »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:29 pm
Agreed. Better no one knows what you got. GARY.
Tactically, perhaps it isn't the best idea. Constitutionally, it is the right thing to enact. Rights are rights.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

47 states have it. Why should FL be in the same boat at NY and IL? Are we not Americans? Are we not born with inalienable rights that shall not be infringed?
Last edited by Miami_JBT on Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

All for Constitutionally carry long over due.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.