DeSantis and Renner says Constitutional Carry is happening in 2023

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

He's got my support either way for all the other more important work he's doing but that would be a plus. It would probably have the effect of making our state more attractive to conservatives and less attractive to leftists.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

But we’re still gonna need the carry permit to carry in other states, & we’re still gonna need the carry permit to carry home that newly purchased firearm. GARY.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

And we're also going to have to deal with the explosion of "No Gun" signs that will magically acquire the force of law.... Thanks to the "Rodent/FRF."

No thanks.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:16 pm And we're also going to have to deal with the explosion of "No Gun" signs that will magically acquire the force of law.... Thanks to the "Rodent/FRF."

No thanks.
I don't think so.....
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:16 pm And we're also going to have to deal with the explosion of "No Gun" signs that will magically acquire the force of law.... Thanks to the "Rodent/FRF."

No thanks.
So what even if it is true? You are afraid to even have your rights recognized because it might inconvenience you in some way? I'm sorry, that's moral cowardice of the highest order.

DeSantis has the commies on the run in this state. Now is the time to press our advantage.

WWGPD?

(hint: GP = George Patton)
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TACC

Post by TACC »

tector wrote:

No thanks.
So what even if it is true? You are afraid to even have your rights recognized because it might inconvenience you in some way? I'm sorry, that's moral cowardice of the highest order.

DeSantis has the commies on the run in this state. Now is the time to press our advantage.

WWGPD?

(hint: GP = George Patton)
Exactly, Drop the hammer on the commie nails in every possible way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:54 am

No thanks.
I think the inconvenience of having to renew a license once every 7 years and pay a fee of $50.00 or so for that renewal is way less than the inconvenience of having to secure your EDC way more often than you used to because of the explosion of no gun signs with the force of law. And, yes, they'll appear. They did in Texas (with 30.05 signs) and also in Ohio. And they almost did in FL the last time we tried for Constitutional Carry here. You can deny it all you want, but I believe in being practical. If DeSantis can get it done without the increase in No guns signs with the force of law, then I'm all for it. But I don't see how the FL legislature will be able to stave off the Rodent/FRF from that happening. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Furthermore, I'm going to need the license anyway for reciprocity reasons in other states.

If it were a matter of cowardice for me, I would never carry in the first place.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:23 pm
tector wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:54 am

No thanks.
I think the inconvenience of having to renew a license once every 7 years and pay a fee of $50.00 or so for that renewal is way less than the inconvenience of having to secure your EDC way more often than you used to because of the explosion of no gun signs with the force of law. And, yes, they'll appear. They did in Texas (with 30.05 signs) and also in Ohio. And they almost did in FL the last time we tried for Constitutional Carry here. You can deny it all you want, but I believe in being practical. If DeSantis can get it done without the increase in No guns signs with the force of law, then I'm all for it. But I don't see how the FL legislature will be able to stave off the Rodent/FRF from that happening. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Furthermore, I'm going to need the license anyway for reciprocity reasons in other states.

If it were a matter of cowardice for me, I would never carry in the first place.
Texas had a long established system in place with 30.06 signage carrying the weight of law as did Ohio. When Church Carry was being debated in the legislature, I worked hard to make sure that signage does not carry the weight of law and we had anything that could even be construed as signage be removed from the bill.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:47 am Texas had a long established system in place with 30.06 signage carrying the weight of law as did Ohio.
As well as 30.07 signs in Texas. And, as soon as Constitutional Carry got passed, suddenly came 30.05 signs that covered people carrying constitutionally.
It expanded,geometrically.
Miami_JBT wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:47 am When Church Carry was being debated in the legislature, I worked hard to make sure that signage does not carry the weight of law and we had anything that could even be construed as signage be removed from the bill.
"Church Carry" is not "Constitutional Carry." Church Carry does not affect "The Rodent/FRF." the same way Constitutional Carry would... And, especially if Constitutional Carry implies "Open Carry," which I believe a lot of pro-constitutional carry people believe it does.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and that it can pass without "force of law" sinage. But you see all the BS they're trying to pull in NY post Bruen by expanding "Sensitive places" etc. etc. etc. No way in Hades the Rodent/FRF will let this go without a Herculean fight.