What’s the latest on the AR pistols?

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
rug357

What’s the latest on the AR pistols?

Post by rug357 »

So what is the latest update on the AR pistol rules? Has ATF finalized the rules yet?
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

It keeps getting pushed back but it will most likely go through and pistols will need to be registered as SBRs. Last is saw is in mid December.
George W

Post by George W »

Judging by the current NFA wait times, it would take a couple of decades to get a stamp back,
tector

Post by tector »

The inevtiable court challenges will likely delay things for many months.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Flashooter22 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:14 pm It keeps getting pushed back but it will most likely go through and pistols will need to be registered as SBRs. Last is saw is in mid December.
Wait a minute. There is no latest update on AR pistol rules. It’s all about putting a brace on any pistol. So anyone with a pistol with a brace can make it legal by throwing the brace in the trash. GARY.
Saburai

Post by Saburai »

Long time lurker here but a had to come out of the shadows to agree. It's not a ruling on the pistol, it's the brace that they are trying to control. Turning it into a SBR would generate a lot of revenue. I think that we all know that all of the tax stamp stuff is a way for them to be self funding...
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

The news hit yesterday. But anyone who had a braced pistol before yesterday can get the stamp for free. This is good for 120 days. This was always a SBR loophole. How many people actually used their brace like it was meant to be used by a disabled person? GARY.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:56 am The news hit yesterday. But anyone who had a braced pistol before yesterday can get the stamp for free. This is good for 120 days. This was always a SBR loophole. How many people actually used their brace like it was meant to be used by a disabled person? GARY.
As I have Parkinson's I do indeed use a brace for a disability reason. I am sure I am not alone but that said I am also sure the number of people with the disabilities is a small percentage of the brace users.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:56 am How many people actually used their brace like it was meant to be used by a disabled person? GARY.
Nobody on this forum should care.
Saburai

Post by Saburai »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:56 am The news hit yesterday. But anyone who had a braced pistol before yesterday can get the stamp for free. This is good for 120 days. This was always a SBR loophole. How many people actually used their brace like it was meant to be used by a disabled person? GARY.
I recently ordered a pistol lower from PSA for a .300blk build. Do you know if the grace period is from the date of purchase or is it the date of transfer?