Trump has gone nuts, attacking DeSantis

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Lastrites wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:51 am What a ticket it could have been Trump with Desanctimonious as VP, when all else fails toss the baby with the bathwater.
Could never have happened anyway. By law, the two party nominees can not be from the same state (that's why Cheyney had to change his residency from TX to WY before being put on the ticket with GHWB).

Trump is now a Florida resident, but his ties to FL are tenuous, he's always been a NY guy. He could theoretically change his residency back to NY, or more realistically to NJ where I think he still has some properties, but I don't see him being the one to make a change just to be on the ticket with Desantis. Desantis has very strong ties to FL and would not change his residency so that idea was a no-go from the very beginning.
My posts kill threads.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

He is now attacking the Virginia Lt. Governor.

https://truthsocial.com/users/realDonal ... 7377999508
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

cvasqu03 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:15 pm
Lastrites wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:51 am What a ticket it could have been Trump with Desanctimonious as VP, when all else fails toss the baby with the bathwater.
Could never have happened anyway. By law, the two party nominees can not be from the same state (that's why Cheyney had to change his residency from TX to WY before being put on the ticket with GHWB).

Trump is now a Florida resident, but his ties to FL are tenuous, he's always been a NY guy. He could theoretically change his residency back to NY, or more realistically to NJ where I think he still has some properties, but I don't see him being the one to make a change just to be on the ticket with Desantis. Desantis has very strong ties to FL and would not change his residency so that idea was a no-go from the very beginning.
There’s no law or regulation against a president and vice president of the United States being from the same state. The reason why some people mistakenly believe such a prohibition exists comes down to a particular aspect of the Electoral College system laid out in Article II of the U.S. Constitution.

Article II states: “The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

Under the original system, electors did not distinguish between candidates for the nation’s top two offices; the candidate with the most votes became president, while the runner-up became vice president. The 12th Amendment, adopted in 1804 after two chaotic elections, mandated that electors cast separate ballots for president and vice president. However, the rule preventing an elector from voting for two people from his home state remained in effect under the new system.

In most elections, this quirk in the system wouldn’t even matter. In 2008, Barack Obama could have chosen a running mate from his home state of Illinois in either 2008 or 2012 with no adverse effect; the same goes for Ronald Reagan in 1980 or ’84, George H.W. Bush in 1988 and Bill Clinton in 1992 or ‘96.

As a practical political matter, it is considered a bad idea, since presidential tickets are often put together to create geographic diversity. Having both candidates from the same location, might sour folks in other parts of the country.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Uh oh, DeSantis is now polling higher than Trump, in Texas!

TEXASGOP.ORG

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:44 am

There’s no law or regulation against a president and vice president of the United States being from the same state. The reason why some people mistakenly believe such a prohibition exists comes down to a particular aspect of the Electoral College system laid out in Article II of the U.S. Constitution.

Article II states: “The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

Under the original system, electors did not distinguish between candidates for the nation’s top two offices; the candidate with the most votes became president, while the runner-up became vice president. The 12th Amendment, adopted in 1804 after two chaotic elections, mandated that electors cast separate ballots for president and vice president. However, the rule preventing an elector from voting for two people from his home state remained in effect under the new system.

In most elections, this quirk in the system wouldn’t even matter. In 2008, Barack Obama could have chosen a running mate from his home state of Illinois in either 2008 or 2012 with no adverse effect; the same goes for Ronald Reagan in 1980 or ’84, George H.W. Bush in 1988 and Bill Clinton in 1992 or ‘96.

As a practical political matter, it is considered a bad idea, since presidential tickets are often put together to create geographic diversity. Having both candidates from the same location, might sour folks in other parts of the country.
Plagiarism much?

https://www.history.com/news/can-the-pr ... same-state
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:36 pm

Plagiarism much?

Posting from my phone. Why type it all out? Still gets the info across.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Uh oh, Spaghettios.

Club For Growth

YouGov Poll

cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Sorry but.....

My posts kill threads.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:36 pm

Plagiarism much?

Posting from my phone. Why type it all out? Still gets the info across.
Quote marks " " are your friend... 👍
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
FloridaMan

Post by FloridaMan »

I like DeSantis but the establishment would like him even more as a young Republican who’s strings they can pull and eventually turn into a RINO. I’m not saying he is one now, far from it, but I think they see an opportunity to get this country back to neoliberal/neoconservative uniparty politics with him.
“The further a society drifts from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it.”

— George Orwell