HOT MIC! FL's GOP 2A Committee Chairman says Constitutional Carry is bad.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

HOT MIC! FL's GOP 2A Committee Chairman says Constitutional Carry is bad.

Post by Miami_JBT »

George Gasparini is a Republican Party of Florida State Committeeman, member of the Critus County Republican Executive Committee Board, and according to his own statements, he is the chairman of the RPOF's Second Amendment Committee.

https://rpocitrus.org/republican-party/

On November 2, 2022 in Crystal Oaks, FL at the Citrus County Republican Executive Meeting. George Gasparini, speaking in an official capacity as the Chairman of RPOF's Second Amendment Committee made the following statement to the crowd attending the monthly Citrus County Republican Executive Meeting. Audio of that statement was provided by a trusted source that Gun Owners of America wishes to keep their identity private and anonymous for that person's own security.

Below is a transcription of that audio recording.
The position I have in the state of Florida and the Republican Party. The Republican Party Chairman of the state is Senator Joe Gruters. And we all respect Joe, *inaudible*, Joe, the legislators, and he's a great legislator. Mike and I, we all know him.

*inaudible*

And he appointed me the chair the Second Amendment committee of the state of Florida. Now, I wasn't chairman until six months ago.

*inaudible*

But the former chairman was *inaudible* by different organizations, like Gun Owners of America.

And Gun Owners of America was definitely trying to destroy state statute, and actually, they had a state legislator who wrote up *inaudible*, which replaced 790.

Now, these are just words to you, 790 is the state statute that protect guns, gun ownership, concealed weapons, how you think the statute - *inaudible*.

And, you to know [meaning, know Chapter 790] if you're going to be sitting on a committee, well, they actually tried to destroy this.

I've had quite a few battles with them at the state level at our meetings, quarterly meetings. Uh he ended up resigning [meaning Ben Paris, the former 2A Chair], these people no longer come there and I am the chairman of that committee right now and the reason why is because the legislators in the past have put together a very, very good bill in the state of Florida.

They're trying to pass a bill for Open Carry [he confuses Open Carry for Constitutional Carry]. Open Carry for Gun Owners of America was saying that it is a Second Amendment right.

Anyone can carry a gun, any time, any place with no training in the state of Florida.

As an NRA instructor, as a retired law enforcement officer for 40 years, and as a current special law enforcement officer, which I am. And as a certified pistol instructor, I don't believe in that.
This is not the first time that George Gasparini has openly spoken against the Second Amendment rights of Floridians in an official capacity for the RPOF. At a previous RPOF Quarterly Meeting (March 25, 2022 in Orlando), he chaired the meeting since the previous Chairman was not there.
George Gasparini openly stated that he is against Constitutional Carry and that Gun Owners of America is wrong in supporting Constitutional Carry. This was after Governor Ron DeSantis made statements supporting the passage of Constitutional Carry and defending the Second Amendment.

To put a one hour meeting into a quick summary.

George Gasparini stated the following.

1. Florida doesn't need Constitutional Carry and there needs to be a continued permitting system in place to control who can and can't exercise their rights.
2. Government grants you your rights, you're not born with them
3. He's retired New Jersey police officer and is covered under the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (Federal Law that allows retired cops to carry nationwide, even in restrictive locations like New Jersey and New York) and since he is a special deputy with one of the Sheriff's Offices in FL, that makes him more qualified to own and carry firearms than the common citizen.
4. That what stops bad guys isn't a good guy with a gun, it is judges and penal institutions after the fact a crime happened.

Remember, the national Republican Party supports Constitutional Carry and it is part of their platform.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

From NJ. Typical FL GOP. That's the problem.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tector wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:28 pm From NJ. Typical FL GOP. That's the problem.
He's a major problem within the RPOF and is just the tip of the iceberg. Look at Wilton Simpson, he's a long established FL Cracker and he's just as anti-gun as George Gasparini.
Last edited by Miami_JBT on Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Not disagreeing with everything that has been said.......

Now how do we correct the problem?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TACC wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:58 pm Not disagreeing with everything that has been said.......

Contact RPOF and demand that Gasparini be removed. Squeaky whe gets the grease.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Miami_JBT wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:29 am
TACC wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:58 pm Not disagreeing with everything that has been said.......

Can you provide any names of the correct people in the RPOF whom we should be contacting?
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I believe in Constitutional Carry.
IMO every ID that is a person who has lost their 2A rights can be marked to show they may not have a weapon

I am NOT in favor of unlimited open carry.
As an RSO for many years I can assure you many people are simply unsafe with firearms even LE

If open carry means holstered, that works for me but anyone walking into Publix carrying an AK47 and people saying it is their right without any idea who they are or if they can safely operate a rifle gives the left all the "ammo" they need to suppress holstered open carry

Personally I will still carry concealed if open carry is allowed. I prefer to not put a target on mt chest and back
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

flcracker wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:19 am
Miami_JBT wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:29 am

Can you provide any names of the correct people in the RPOF whom we should be contacting?
Joe Gruters is the party chair.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I would expect no less from a Damn Yankee carpetbagger.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

osprey21 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 am I would expect no less from a Damn Yankee carpetbagger.
So, Wilton Simpson gets a pass since he's a Florida Cracker, right?

I don't give a damn where folks are from. What I care about is if they uphold freedom and liberty.

I've dealt with plenty of Florida Crackers, old school Southerners from the "Old Florida" and they were just as anti-gun as Gasparini.

Heck, at the March meeting, there was a Cattle Guy from the Panhandle that agreed with Gasparini because as he put it; "I can't have my wife go to the Piggly Wiggly and see a Black guy with a gun!"

Guy had a southern drawl thicker than properly made grits and was proud of being a fifth generation Floridian.