Musk officially owns Twitter, fires top executives. What does this mean for Trump?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Musk officially owns Twitter, fires top executives. What does this mean for Trump?

Post by Miami_JBT »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... -elon-musk

Large piles of money changed hands and Elon Musk now officially owns Twitter. He went in and fired top senior leadership, including those that banned Trump.

I'm curious about this for two reasons.

1. Elon said that Twitter is a digital public square and free speech needs to be fully respected. (Ie, banning Trump is a no go.) And that he basically said Trump will be reinstated.

2. Trump formed Truth Social as a conservative rival to Twitter. It has been an absolute nightmare. It's launch was a failure, it is rife with multiple financial issues, it is hemorrhaging money, there is possible violations of the law, etc.... basically, it is a raging dumpster fire of fail.

I think this is the final nail in the coffin for Truth Social and I think if Trump is reinstated, he'll dump Truth Social faster than he dumped his January 6 supporters.

As for Twitter itself, things are going to get very interesting now, especially with the election.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

This is a minor set back for the Kommies. They still have Zuck and Google and best of all the MSM. Besides, the Deep State will now go after Musk every which way they can. It would not surprise me to see 100 Federallies come a knocking on Musk's front door at 3AM if Musk does not cooperate with the Kommies.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Flame Red wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:11 am This is a minor set back for the Kommies. They still have Zuck and Google and best of all the MSM. Besides, the Deep State will now go after Musk every which way they can. It would not surprise me to see 100 Federallies come a knocking on Musk's front door at 3AM if Musk does not cooperate with the Kommies.
Musk has Bond Super Villain Money and Access. They aren't going to mess with him.

I hope Trump gets his account back. Because even if he randomly bloviates, Twitter is the 21st Century version of the public square. He should be able to.

As for Truth Social, I think it is officially dead now because of this. I'm curious was the fallout will be. I know there are rumblings from the SEC about a possible investigation, especially after Co-founder of Truth Social, Will Wilkerson spilled the beans about the quagmire that the company/platform is. Including the fact that Truth Social bans accounts too.

I think Trump will abandon it quicker than his January 6 supporters if his account is unblocked.

As for how it will now sway elections, freedom is a good thing and the former leadership running Twitter understood that Twitter was a valuable tool to sway the masses and control/shape public opinion by shaping the public narrative.

Well, they lost that and they know it.

MSM is not the main source of information for younger voters these days. It is Social Media platforms and Facebook/Meta isn't it. Facebook is used now predominantly by older people.

This is going to be a crippling blow to the authoritarians (on both sides of the political spectrum).
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

If people are too stupid to understand that twitter or any other social disease site has any basis of fact to the posts, then we are in a bunch more trouble than we realize.

Trump lost because those that voted for him the first time sat out the second election because he couldn't keep his sorry fat friggin ass quiet. He is an egomaniac to the enth degree who loves to hear himself talk and he lost because of that.

I sure hope he doesn't run again, if that's the best the republicans can come up with, they might as well get a rope and hang themselves.

For crying out loud the democrats are running a friggin stroke victim in PA. Its like Rocking New Years Eve and watching Dick Clark being wheeled out on a two wheel hand truck with ty wraps holding him on for the camera and mumbling a few words.
Hell their president on tv when giving a speech can't remember shit, fumbles all over himself like a two year old.

For crying out loud republicans, run somebody with integrity, self control and intelligence already.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Chigger wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:00 pm If people are too stupid to understand that twitter or any other social disease site has any basis of fact to the posts, then we are in a bunch more trouble than we realize.

Trump lost because those that voted for him the first time sat out the second election because he couldn't keep his sorry fat friggin ass quiet. He is an egomaniac to the enth degree who loves to hear himself talk and he lost because of that.

I sure hope he doesn't run again, if that's the best the republicans can come up with, they might as well get a rope and hang themselves.

For crying out loud the democrats are running a friggin stroke victim in PA. Its like Rocking New Years Eve and watching Dick Clark being wheeled out on a two wheel hand truck with ty wraps holding him on for the camera and mumbling a few words.
Hell their president on tv when giving a speech can't remember shit, fumbles all over himself like a two year old.

For crying out loud republicans, run somebody with integrity, self control and intelligence already.
Trump should be allowed back on Twitter for two reasons.

1. I agree with Musk that it is the 21st Digital Town Square and Freedom of Speech is important.

2. Twitter isn't Truth Social and he'll face negative backlash and criticism for his ramblings.

Today, Trump taunts Ron DeSantis, sharing a video claiming the Florida governor would be destroyed trying to run against him.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 2333133894

Since Truth Social is a closed environment where it is nothing but Trump Cultists, that post has a crap ton of support.

If that was posted on a true Freedom of Speech respecting platform like Musk's proposal for Twitter, Trump would face a lot of negativity for that.
tector

Post by tector »

Trump can't drop dead soon enough. He's an utter meglamanical fraud, who didn't do shit. It is pluasible to argue that at this point it is impossible for anybody to do shit, that the Deep State is too embedded. That's quite possible--we'll if somebody else tries. But we know for sure that this putz can't get it done.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

tector wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:47 pm Trump can't drop dead soon enough. He's an utter meglamanical fraud, who didn't do shit. It is pluasible to argue that at this point it is impossible for anybody to do shit, that the Deep State is too embedded. That's quite possible--we'll if somebody else tries. But we know for sure that this putz can't get it done.
Because Joe Biden has done such an amazing job compared to Trump if anything the economy was doing 10X better under Trump those are facts. Say what you want about Trump but we are in the worst shape with Joe Biden.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Anyone stupid enough to give an all out open interview with Bob Woodward has no concept of reality

The number one reason Trump lost was Trump.

The only way the democrats have a chance to keep the White House in 2024 is if Trump is the nominee

If the GOP ran DeSantis it would be a landslide.

Trump made some excellent business decisions while president that restored the US on many fronts but even when he was spot on like oil, Iran, NATO/EU, China he managed to do it in a way that hurt him not help him or us

That said if he was president now the world would be better off and there would be no war in Ukraine.
His egotistical big mouth has hurt the world not just us
I used to see him and think how could someone who could make things so much better sound like such a moron when he talks?
What could have and should have been!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Wulfmann wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:47 am Anyone stupid enough to give an all out open interview with Bob Woodward has no concept of reality

The number one reason Trump lost was Trump.

The only way the democrats have a chance to keep the White House in 2024 is if Trump is the nominee

If the GOP ran DeSantis it would be a landslide.

Trump made some excellent business decisions while president that restored the US on many fronts but even when he was spot on like oil, Iran, NATO/EU, China he managed to do it in a way that hurt him not help him or us

That said if he was president now the world would be better off and there would be no war in Ukraine.
His egotistical big mouth has hurt the world not just us
I used to see him and think how could someone who could make things so much better sound like such a moron when he talks?
What could have and should have been!
2016 was a perfect storm. Conservatives were tired of the Establishment Republicans, especially after the GOP took over and dismantled the TEA Party and TEA Party candidates like Marco Rubio turned out to be Establishment Republicans. Plus, you had Hillary Clinton as the presumptive Democrat candidate from the start.

Trump came in and had no record of being a politician and for the politically apathetic no educated voter. He was perfect since he had no political record to be judged on in terms of other candidates that have been in office.

Trump won 2016 because a lot of people voted against Clinton and the Establishment, not because they liked Trump.

2020 was a different matter. Trump literally sunk himself.

And yes, Trump talking to Bob Woodward for hours is incredibly stupid. Woodward is known to literally tear down Presidents and Trump went in thinking he'd make the guy his friend.

That is a prime example of his stupidity. Another was the NHC Map fiasco with the Sharpie.

Literally, so egotistical, that he had to draw on a map and then spend a week trying to fight the media claiming he didn't draw it, then that it was the latest update from the NHC, when the NHC flat out said no, that goes against their own formula, etc....

He sunk himself in 2020.

People did not vote for Biden, they voted against Trump.
tector

Post by tector »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:01 am
tector wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:47 pm Trump can't drop dead soon enough. He's an utter meglamanical fraud, who didn't do shit. It is pluasible to argue that at this point it is impossible for anybody to do shit, that the Deep State is too embedded. That's quite possible--we'll if somebody else tries. But we know for sure that this putz can't get it done.
Because Joe Biden has done such an amazing job compared to Trump if anything the economy was doing 10X better under Trump those are facts. Say what you want about Trump but we are in the worst shape with Joe Biden.
If lame, obvious whataboutism is the best case you can make for Trump, I rest my case. He was better than any possible DEM nominee--so? Do you have any other breaking news to tell us?

Other than triggering the libs, he accomplished nothing. Triggering the libs is not an agenda or legacy.

I thought he sucked dick in the 80s. He still does. There comes a point where the flaws in the man undercut whatever good he might genuinely intend. This was Nixon's problem. Trump is Nixon 10x when it comes to flaws.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”