MAK90 Mod

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

The milled ones all had thread protectors. Many, but not all stamped Chinese guns were not threaded. GARY.
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo- ... ge26944090
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Yes sorry I should've been more specific. Was implying if the OP had a correct diameter muzzle and it had the other requisite markings of an "original" mak90 (1st gen Mak90/B West model?) it may be to their pleasant surprise that after making it compliant they would find factory threading hidden underneath. A little gift that's been waiting 30+ years to be found
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

My barrel looks kind of strange. The entire barrel has very fine threading front to back. No thread protector, offset device, no nothing except front site.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Outgunu wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:09 pm My barrel looks kind of strange. The entire barrel has very fine threading front to back. No thread protector, offset device, no nothing except front site.
For a MAK 90, I'd say that's not threading, just machining marks. Those didn't come with the smoothest machining where you ended up with a nice polished barrel so it actually does look like threading, but they're concentric circles, not slanted the way threads would be. At least that's how mine was.
My posts kill threads.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

cvasqu03 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:18 am
Outgunu wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:09 pm My barrel looks kind of strange. The entire barrel has very fine threading front to back. No thread protector, offset device, no nothing except front site.
For a MAK 90, I'd say that's not threading, just machining marks. Those didn't come with the smoothest machining where you ended up with a nice polished barrel so it actually does look like threading, but they're concentric circles, not slanted the way threads would be. At least that's how mine was.
Mine too. GARY.